Can you believe it's been already a year since Rihanna released her ANTI album? She took Rihanna Navy by surprise when on Thursday, January 28th, her 8th studio album was released. 366 days later we give you a summary of some the most interesting facts about this release. 28 facts
Join the #ANTIversary Party and tweet your best ANTI memories and pictures of how you're celebrating along with the #ANTIversary hashtag!
1. Surprise! Rihanna secretly recorded a video for #GoodnightGotham in Paris. (12/18/14) #ANTIversary Watch:
2. To celebrate 420, Rihanna released #JamesJoint through rihannanow.com 9 months before ANTI came out. (04/21/15) #ANTIversary
3. Rihanna held a private viewing for fans invited by @RihannaDaily and press to debut ANTI's official artwork & title. (10/07/15) #ANTIversary
4. #ANTIdiaRy was launched and it's still hard to describe all the emotions we felt. (11/19/15) #ANTIversary Watch: http://bit.ly/2kaDk1H
5. "She's waiting for you. Are you in?" are words we'll never forget. Thanks you, @IAmTheKeyHolder. #ANTIdiaRy was legendary. #ANTIversary
6. Rihanna broke the internet when she revealed she was listening to #ANTI in $9k D&G headphones. (01/25/16) #ANTIversary
7. Rihanna's 14th No. 1 single #WORK feat. Drake came out to snatch wigs, becoming Ri's second-longest Hot 100 reign. (01/27/16) #ANTIversary
8. The 8-minute long video for #WORK is expected to reach 1 billion views on YouTube in the next months:
9. #ANTI was officially certified platinum by RIAA and was streamed 13 million times the night it dropped. (01/29/16) #ANTIversary
10. #ANTI became the second Rihanna album to reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, following #Unapologetic. (02/08/16) #ANTIversary
11. The RIAA Gold & Platinum Awards Program certified Rihanna as the 1st artist ever to earn 100 Million song awards! (02/10/16) #ANTIversary
12. Rihanna and Drake WORKed together for the first time at the BRIT Awards. Watch:
13. Rihanna's #ANTIWorldTour kicked off and took place in North America, Europe and West Asia with a total of 75 shows. (03/12/16) #ANTIversary
14. The #ANTIWorldTour was also a chance for the #Navy to get together! We had the best time in NYC, LDN & Warsaw. What about you? #ANTIversary
15. Rihanna didn't talk much about #ANTI, but she revelead many details to @voguemagazine. Read: http://bit.ly/1RpqhmU (03/24/16) #ANTIversary
16. #KissItBetter, nominated for Best R&B Song at the #Grammys, was the 2nd single off ANTI. Watch the vid:
17. #NeededMe became Rihanna's 29th top 10 single on the Hot 100 & her longest charting hit. Watch the vid:
18. Rihanna won the Billboard Chart Achievement Award & performed #LoveOnTheBrain at the #BBMAs.
19. #LoveOnTheBrain peaked at No. 17 on the Hot 100, becoming Rihanna's forty-second Top 20 hit and third Top 20 single from ANTI. #ANTIversary
20. Rihanna won the 2016 Video Vanguard Award at the #VMAs and we couldn't be prouder. Watch:
21. Rihanna also performed 4 times throughout the #VMAs to celebrate her achievement. Which is your fav? http://bit.ly/1dJgqav #ANTIversary
22. Rihanna headlined Made in America Festival in Philadelphia. The show is available on Tidal: http://bit.ly/2jn2ZQN (09/03/16) #ANTIversary
23. Rihanna’s #ANTI album was released in Vinyl and you can still find it here: http://smarturl.it/ANTIvinyl (09/30/16)
24. Even though she didn't attend the 2016 #AMAs, Rihanna won Fav Female Artist, Fav Album, Fav Song -- all as Soul/R&B. (11/20/16) #ANTIversary
25. Spotify announced Rihanna was the most streamed female artist of the year for a second year in a row. #ANTI was No. 3. (12/01/16)
26. Rihanna is up for 8 awards at the 2017 #Grammys, including Record of the Year for & Best Urban Contemporary Album. (12/06/16) #ANTIversary
.27. @fusetv ranked Rihanna's #ANTI at No. 1 on their list The 20 Best Albums of 2016. (12/06/16) #ANTIversary
28. A year after its release, Rihanna’s #ANTI is still inside the Billboard 200 chart Top 20, currently at No. 12. (01/28/17) #ANTIversary
Photos of the Rihanna in Malawi have surfaced online, and PEOPLE has learned she is visiting the African country to spend time with key educators, government officials, students and mentors to promote education on behalf of her Clara Lionel Foundation and as the ambassador for Global Citizen and the Global Partnership for Education.
The singer, 28, was spotted with Global Citizen CEO Hugh Evans as well as Julia Gillard, GPE’s board of directors chair during a meeting in a Malawian village.
Rihanna extends her record for the most top 10s on Billboard's Radio Songs airplay chart, as "Love on the Brain" lifts 11-10 on the list (dated Feb. 4). The retro R&B track is her 28th top 10, widening her lead over runner-up Mariah Carey, who has earned 23 top 10s since Radio Songs launched in December 1990.
"Love" sports 78 million in all-format radio audience, up 8 percent, in the week ending Jan. 22, according to Nielsen Music. It's the third Radio Songs top 10 from Rihanna's album Anti, following the No. 2-peaking "Work" (featuring Drake) and the No. 8 "Needed Me."
On the Billboard Hot 100 (which blends airplay, sales and streaming data), "Love" hits a new high, climbing 19-17.
Here is an updated look at the acts with the most top 10s in the Radio Songs chart's 26-year history:
23, Mariah Carey
19, Lil Wayne
17, Jay Z
Rihanna also boasts the most No. 1s on Radio Songs, 12. She last led as featured on Eminem's "The Monster," for six weeks in 2013-14. Carey ranks second with 11 leaders on the ranking, followed by Katy Perry and Usher (seven each).
Tuesday (January 24) was a busy day for Rihanna, Sandra Bullock and Sarah Paulson.
The actresses were photographed together filming a scene for their upcoming film "Ocean's 8" in New York City. RiRi seemed to be in charge of the crime group as we can watch in the video below. Click here for photos.
Rihanna started filming "Ocean's 8" in early November and has since been photographed with co-stars Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Sarah Paulson, Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter. Find photos here.
The film is a a spin-off of the Ocean's Trilogy and will be released on June 8, 2018.
Straight from her flight from Paris Rihanna, like any other common citizen, joined protesters at the Women's March outside Trump Tower. She was chanting, “My body, my choice” and “Welcome to your first day, we will not go away” along with some dabbing.
The singer’s outfit of choice for the protest was also of note with a pink ensemble: a tutu, a cap, and a hoodie that says “This p***y grabs back.” She completed the look with jeans, pink heels, leather gloves that showed off chrome nails, and a coat. When you have something to say,you’ve got to say it in style, honey .
Check out more fan pictures in the gallery.
Welcome to Rihanna Daily - your 24/7 online dose of all Rihanna updates.
Online since 2005, Rihanna Daily is an official source and fans' No. 1 place for everything Rihanna. RD has received over 40 million total visitors in less than a decade and over 2.5 million followers on social media.