jackfenty

ANTi era over?

19 posts in this topic

So it´s been about a year that Rihanna officially announced ANTi and 10 months since it`s release. She showed us four singles (Work,Kiss It Better,Needed Me and Love On The Brain) and a world tour with 75 concerts (ANTI World Tour). Now I ask myself if it´s time for the next era. I mean let´s be honest there are no more songs to show up at BB Hot 100 from the album and she already had notable and amazing performances at Brit Awards,Billboard Music Awards and VMA´s. I think the only thing left is the AWT DVD and then we can focus on the next album instead of waiting for the next single. What do you think?

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, jackfenty said:

So it´s been about a year that Rihanna officially announced ANTi and 10 months since it`s release. She showed us four singles (Work,Kiss It Better,Needed Me and Love On The Brain) and a world tour with 75 concerts (ANTI World Tour). Now I ask myself if it´s time for the next era. I mean let´s be honest there are no more songs to show up at BB Hot 100 from the album and she already had notable and amazing performances at Brit Awards,Billboard Music Awards and VMA´s. I think the only thing left is the AWT DVD and then we can focus on the next album instead of waiting for the next single. What do you think?

The Anti era isn't exactly over yet, she still has to release LOTB as a music video and promote it, and once the song charts for about 5 weeks or so we can officially say the Anti era is over. The thing is, she's delaying her release to give people a "break" from her, so they actually have the urge to buy a new Rihanna song. If she's constantly releasing singles no one will buy them; she needs to time her releases properly.

1 person likes this

Nooo guys I don't want it to be over just yet

I think Desperado could be huge people love that song

1 minute ago, Ira said:

Nooo guys I don't want it to be over just yet

I think Desperado could be huge people love that song

Desperado is really a nice song! But I'm 110% sure LOTB is the last song of the Anti era before transitioning into #R9 era.

3 minutes ago, Unfaithful said:

Desperado is really a nice song! But I'm 110% sure LOTB is the last song of the Anti era before transitioning into #R9 era.

You really think she's gonna rush with R9? I mean I'd love that but she has so much on her plate now so we'll probably wait for it

1 hour ago, Ira said:

You really think she's gonna rush with R9? I mean I'd love that but she has so much on her plate now so we'll probably wait for it

No I meant LOTB will be the last part of the ANTI era, didn't mean she'll jump into #R9 right away :P. I don't think Riri does have much on her plate ATM though, she finished the Anti world tour and only has the Abu Dhabi show to attend to and that's it. Besides working on music constantly, which I think every artist does all the time, she seems free.

I mean Oceans 8 filming began, new fragnance, diamonds ball is soon, grammys (hopefully she'll perform) and something else will surely come up

I mean I hope R9 is coming next year.. I'm always thirsty for her new music..Even though I do agree Anti should still get more attention

35 minutes ago, Ira said:

I mean Oceans 8 filming began, new fragnance, diamonds ball is soon, grammys (hopefully she'll perform) and something else will surely come up

I mean I hope R9 is coming next year.. I'm always thirsty for her new music..Even though I do agree Anti should still get more attention

Well she did manage to sell over 13 million records give or take during her Anti era, which is a bit disappointing compared to her other eras lol, hopefully it'll be about 15M with LOTB.

I hope not. I want at least 2 more singles (Desperado & Consideration) and music videos.

I want Close To You at the Grammys and more Interviews.

1 person likes this

I hope it doesn't get over until songs like Woo, Consideration, Desperado etc. are released as singles..But i honestly wouldn't be surprised if she gave us #R9 next year considering the fact that she's always working on music due to her hardworking nature and the love she has for it..She was spotted at the studio many times this year..

P.S. Rumour has it that R9 will be release in Q3 of 2017 and we'll get a lead single in May.

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, Steve said:

I hope it doesn't get over until songs like Woo, Consideration, Desperado etc. are released as singles..But i honestly wouldn't be surprised if she gave us #R9 next year considering the fact that she's always working on music due to her hardworking nature and the love she has for it..She was spotted at the studio many times this year..

P.S. Rumour has it that R9 will be release in Q3 of 2017 and we'll get a lead single in May.

I'd love if the Anti era stays some more time, but we're used to have every era ends by November (aka every era lasts a year.) Roughly Anti will probably stay a year too, as it's been 8 months.

16 hours ago, Steve said:

Where did you hear about lead single in May? Is it even a bit reliable source?

2 hours ago, Ira said:

Where did you hear about lead single in May? Is it even a bit reliable source?

I believe the source is reliable because ALL the info he/she provided so far has turned out to be true...

3 hours ago, Steve said:

I believe the source is reliable because ALL the info he/she provided so far has turned out to be true...

wow that's great I'm getting excited

I think Rihanna should LOTB video come out in 2016. The ANTI era cant stop now. There are so many great songs who need attention like Desperado. If she really want to be ANTI, she need release Sex with me for last single. Why? Cos I dont know any Artist who take for single, track from deluxe CD and promote this. This would be rebel and anti move in music world. Next time for break, cos many ppl will be boring so ... the best time for relase new album (aka R9) will be 2017 fourth quarter or 2018 in January :) 

5 minutes ago, Antiboy said:

I think Rihanna should LOTB video come out in 2016. The ANTI era cant stop now. There are so many great songs who need attention like Desperado. If she really want to be ANTI, she need release Sex with me for last single. Why? Cos I dont know any Artist who take for single, track from deluxe CD and promote this. This would be rebel and anti move in music world. Next time for break, cos many ppl will be boring so ... the best time for relase new album (aka R9) will be 2017 fourth quarter or 2018 in January :) 

I'd love Sex With Me to be a single! I don't see it happening but it would be great, that song is lit!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Unfaithful said:

I'd love Sex With Me to be a single! I don't see it happening but it would be great, that song is lit!

Even after not being a single, its slaying on the radio. However it's pretty late to release it as a single now since its almost winter and the time for ballads *cough*Love On the Brain*cough* ;)

She should keep the LOTB music-video and give us #R9 ... NOW!

2 people like this

As so many has wrote, I don't think this era is over even if it is close to its end. Rihanna is doing her biggest mistake ever: she hasn't released the LOTB video yet, and it's 2017. I don't think we're getting new music during this year... even if I think she has already recorded some new songs during her last recording sessions. Finally, I wanna say the last things that she MUST do before ending this year are two:

1) Releasing the LOTB Video;

2)Releasing another song as a single (Desperado or Sex with me are perfect) with obviously a video.