Listen to Rihanna's brand new track now on Tidal >>
Watch the video here >>
Archives from category: "Movies"
In the above video, Rihanna, Jim Parsons, Jennifer Lopez, and Steve Martin discuss their characters from DreamWorks’ animated film “Home”.
“Home” is headed for a box office home run. DreamWorks Animation’s family film defied expectations, to say the least, opening to $15.6 million on Friday, which set it on course for just under $59 million this weekend. This is one of the best debuts in recent years for a DreamWorks Animation original title. However, the studio has a more modest estimate of $55.5 million. This is a stellar start for “Home” as only 15% of K-12 schools are on spring break. Recent forecasts had pegged “Home” in the $30 million to $35 million range. The pic, which cost $130 million to produce, also stands to outperform other recent DreamWorks releases handled by Fox, including “Penguins of Madagascar,” which grossed $35.4 million in its opening five-day weekend; “Mr. Peabody and Sherman,” which reeled in $32.2 million in its debut; and “Turbo,” which made $31 million in five days. The animation studio took a $57.1 million writedown on the first two aforementioned films.
“Home” follows a young girl — one of the only humans not to have been relocated by an alien race — and her newfound Martian friend. The movie, which is based on Adam Rex’s 2007 children’s book “The True Meaning of Smekday,” stars the voices of Jim Parsons, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez and Steve Martin.
U.S. Navy! DreamWorks Animation’s “Home” is finally available in theaters. Don’t waste time and go get your tickets now. If you live outside the U.S., the film is already available in a few countries and will soon be in others.
The sountrack features three brand new Rihanna songs: “Towards The Sun”, “As Real As You And Me” and “Dancing In The Dark”. Get it now on iTunes.
- “Home” has beaten “Insurgent” to the top of the UK box office. The children’s animation, starring Jim Parsons and Rihanna, has claimed £6m since its release on March 20.
- Jim Parsons would love his Home co-stars Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna to guest star on The Big Bang Theory. “Oh, my God,” Parsons said at the Home premiere. “Could you imagine?” We certainly can. And so can Parsons. He suggested that Rihanna play “a nuclear physicist.” “She could do it,” Parsons gushed. “She could do it. Would she be willing? That’s the question.” RiRi would jump at the chance to find her inner geek. “Hell, yeah!” she said when I told her about Parsons’ suggestion. “He told you that? Tell him I’m in.” Meanwhile, Parsons repeated his recent mantra that Rihanna smells, well, real good. “She smells like heaven,” he said. “I was not expecting someone to smell that good on a daily basis to the point where I’d walk in a room after she’s been there and I’d be like, ‘She was just here. I smell it.’”
- Rihanna insists it wasn’t weird at all to be playing Jennifer Lopez’s daughter in their new animated flick Home. “How dope is that?” RiRi said at the movie’s premiere on Sunday in L.A. “JLo is like the hottest mom. She’s a MILF!” The sexy factor is definitely not on display in Home. The movie tells the tells the story of an alien (Jim Parsons) on the run who lands on Earth and befriends an adventurous pre-teen Tip (Rihanna). Lopez not only voices Tip’s mom, but she also sings “Feel the Light” for the movie’s soundtrack. “In this movie…her tone is really comforting, sincere and genuine,” Rihanna said of Lopez’s work. “When you hear it, you believe it.” JLo enjoyed playing Rihanna’s mother. “It feels good,” she said. “I love being a mom. It’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. [But] Rihanna is not Rihanna in this movie. She’s 11!” The “FourFiveSeconds” singer showed off her maternal side by attending the premiere in a demure pink satin Dior dress that only left her arms bare. She also pushed her baby niece Majesty in a stroller resembling a toy car from from the movie. After the premiere, she posted a photo on Instagram of her and Majesty playing dress-up at the after party. “She is the best,” RiRi said. “I’m so glad she’s here. And the car blows bubbles out of the exhaust. That is the car to have.”
- Congratulations to Shakira and Rihanna: “Can’t Remember To Forget You” has reached half a billion views on Vevo! Watch again here.
- Ri was seen leaving a restaurant in LA on Saturday. Click here for photos and watch a video below:
Watch videos of Rihanna at the “Home” premiere after the jump.
DreamWorks Animation’s “Home” soundtrack is now available everywhere. It features three brand new Rihanna songs: “Towards The Sun”, “As Real As You And Me” and “Dancing In The Dark”. Get it now on iTunes and tell us on Twitter which is your favorite track.
The film premieres in the U.S. on March 27.
Rihanna was looking flawless at DreamWorks “Home” movie premiere today in Los Angeles. She was joined on the red carpet by her niece Majesty (in an unusual Home-inspired stroller). Check out more pictures in the gallery.
Things were fairly calm at the premiere of Home till Rihanna and Jim Parsons walked the red carpet together. Then the screams began.
Most of them were for Rihanna, the R&B singer who does one of the voices for the animated movie, but Big Bang Theory star Parsons got his fair share, too, especially when the crowd started chanting “Sheldon!,” the character he plays on the CBS sitcom.
But the premiere wasn’t about them, or the movie, so much as it was about Cheryl “Action” Jackson, who founded Plano’s Minnie’s Food Pantry in 2008, using food from her own kitchen. Jackson, who is known for having a red carpet for her food-pantry clients, won the premiere screening in a “Bring Home to Your Hometown” contest on ABC’s Good Morning America. She also walked the red carpet, accompanied by family members — inlcuding her mother, Minnie, the food pantry’s namesake — at the screening at the Cinemark West in Plano.
Make sure to watch the video here. More after the jump.
Watch below new interviews of Rihanna talking about her much fun she had doing “Home”. She also revealed that she plans to perform a brand new song at the iHeartRadio Awards; we’ll have to wait and see if the rumours about her touring with Kanye West are true; her 27th birthday party. And that’s not all:
Watch anover interview with ET here.
It takes a lot to shock Rihanna, but when photos surfaced recently of a young superfan who had turned herself into a walking shrine by covering her body in the image of her idol’s face, even the R&B princess thought the gesture was a little extreme.
“You know what? I met her a while ago and she asked me to sign her arm. I signed it and then the next day I saw her again and she’d had it tatted. That was years ago and I hadn’t seen her much since then. But fast forward to now, that’s the update,” Rihanna laughs, shrugging her shoulders. “So, I guess she just never stopped.”
The 27-year-old pop icon has over 22 tattoos and seems bemused by her fan’s behaviour, which could be considered a little creepy.
“Well, I mean, I wouldn’t do it. But it’s not me.”
Always in the news, Rihanna made history last week as the new face of Dior, with the Barbadian beauty the luxe brand’s first black spokeswoman.
“I feel very special, not just as a woman of colour, which I think is brilliant, but as a woman to be acknowledged by Dior is very special.”
It seems of late, Rihanna has also been acknowledged by a certain Leonardo DiCaprio, however, she negates rumours that the two A-listers are romantically involved.
“Stay off the blogs, they will screw you every time,” she warns.
Check out more pictures from her recent “Home” movie photocall in NYC here.
Read more after the cut.