November 5, 2014 7:58pm Category: Celebrity Quotes, Magazine Covers
- Tom Ford published a statement explaining the thinking behind his spring/summer 2015 ready-to-wear collection and revealed that Rihanna’s see-through CFDA Awards dress was a better choice than one of his own designs:
The reference to “pasties” was deliberate and while this reference can be related back directly to Mollino, it was also meant to be a reference to a contemporary fashion that seems to be gaining a bit of ground with very young women who have the bodies to pull it off and that is actual pasties as in the case of Miley Cyrus or even a dress that leaves nothing at all to the imagination as worn by Rihanna to the CFDA awards in New York this past summer. I was at the CFDA awards as I was receiving a “Lifetime Achievement Award” [which I prefer to think of as a “Mid Life Achievement Award”], and I have to say that Rihanna was for me, that night, one of the most beautiful women that I have ever beheld. I had designed several things for her specifically for that evening which she did not wear, but when I saw her it did not matter. I whispered into her ear that she was right not to have worn one of my dresses that night because she looked more beautiful than I have ever seen her look. She was stunning. As Richard said plainly after the evening, “If you are as beautiful as Rihanna, you almost owe it to the world to appear in public almost nude” and I have to say that I wholeheartedly concur.
- To celebrate appearing on the cover of Esquire UK’s special December food and drink issue – and her somewhat gobsmacking shoot with Ellen Von Unwerth – Rihanna also decided shared some of her family recipes with the magazine. So, to learn how to make mac n cheese, shepherd’s pie or a rum punch RiRi-style, read on.
- We’ve added a couple new photos from Esquire UK to our gallery. Check them out here.
November 4, 2014 12:53pm Category: Magazine Covers, Magazine Scans
Another day another cover! November is looking really good for Rihanna Navy so far!
For the cover of its December issue, Esquire UK photographed the world’s biggest pop star, Rihanna, in New York. The amazing shots – taken by legendary photographer Ellen Von Unwerth – are here in full, with a behind-the-scenes video going live on esquire.co.uk website tomorrow. Rihanna revealed the first images from the magazine on Instagram, which are also available here.
Esquire also asked Rihanna to share her personal favourite recipes, including how to make a mean rum punch and how to rustle up a shepherd’s pie, Barbados-style. Check back for those on Friday.
The magazine hits stands Nov 6 in UK. Worldwide find it here.
November 3, 2014 11:18am Category: Magazine Covers, Photoshoots
Rihanna covers Elle Magazine’s December issue! Pick up a copy on stands in select cities on November 11 and US nationwide on November 18. Read the cover story here.
Is personal style an art? In the case of Rihanna, she who has redefined what modern pop Icon–dom looks like, the answer is a resounding yes. And as her candid shoot in the December issue of ELLE reveals, her ongoing project is one in a constant, glorious state of flux—peeling back creative layers and pushing boundaries (both her own and ours).
Here’s music’s most massive star as we’ve never seen her before—all dressed up in fall couture, but boldly stripped down. Introducing the real Rihanna: strong, uncompromising, and radically beautiful.
ELLE: What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
RIHANNA: That’s still a secret.
What do people misunderstand about you?
+ Click here to continue reading…
August 15, 2014 9:31pm Category: Fragrance, Magazine Covers, Tour
- As you should know, Rihanna is the cover girl of the September issue of W Magazine. Here’s what Stefano Tonchi, the mag’s editor pictured above, has to say about RiRi in his letter: “Our cover star, Rihanna, came up with her own mental mood board, channeling the power of Grace Jones and the sophistication of Josephine Baker with fur, wild makeup, and extravagant accessories.”
- Many blogs are reporting that Beyonce and Rihanna are collaborating on a remix of “Blow”. However, RiRi told a fan: “that collab is a lie”. Hopefully next time!
- Not content with creating fragrances for women, Rihanna is now branching out. Women’s Wear Daily has more details of what the singer announced on Twitter recently: she’ll launch a men’s fragrance in September. Rogue Man by Rihanna features black pepper, rosemary, clementine and bergamot, along with jasmine, cedarwood, vanilla orchid, sandalwood musk, amber and other notes. The fragrance will be available at 800 different stores, including Macy’s, and executives estimate it’ll rake in $10 million in its first year. Rihanna’s other perfumes include Rogue, Nude, Rebelle and Reb’l Fleur.
- The Monster Tour is coming back this weekend! Watch below the full show from Pasadena, check our previous posts for all details from the tour and visit Rihanna’s Facebook for professional photos.
August 12, 2014 10:17pm Category: Backstage, Magazine Covers
Get an exclusive look at the world’s wildest style icon on the set of W Magazine’s September 2014 cover shoot. Make sure to check our previous posts for more.
+ Click here to continue reading…
August 11, 2014 11:24am Category: Magazine Covers, Photoshoots
Rihanna is posing with legendary models Naomi Campbell and Iman in the latest issue of W Magazine, with RiRi on the cover. The three of them are all wearing Balmain and posing with the brand’s creative director Olivier Rousteing as well. Click the thumbnails below or here for photos. Epic!
Rihanna’s makeup artist shared his secrets for the W cover. Click here to read the story at wmagazine.com.
“The face, the body, the confidence—the magnetism that she has is just ridiculous,” says makeup artist Kabuki of W’s September 2014 cover star, Rihanna. “That can’t be learned.”
August 10, 2014 3:59pm Category: Magazine Covers, Photoshoots
August 10, 2014 2:05pm Category: Backstage, Magazine Covers, On The Set
Balmain’s creative director Olivier Rousteing published two photos of Rihanna with Naomi Campbell and Iman on the set of their upcoming W Magazine photoshoot. He wrote:
THE QUEEN RIHUNION #behindthescene @iamnaomicampbell @the_real_iman #rihanna #legends !!!! Go and get @wmag the icons together for the FIRST Time #timeless #love @edward_enninful #comingsoon
RiRi also tweeted:
Look out for my 2 fashion stories including the cover story for @Wmag #SeptemberIssue … HQ’s coming soon
Click here to see another backstage photo from May. Can’t wait to see the final result!
+ Click here to continue reading…