- Bruno Mars replaces Rihanna’s “Diamonds” after three weeks on top of the Billboard Hot 100, the track is No. 2 now. “Diamonds,” atop Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Digital Songs for a 10th week, leads Hot 100 Airplay for a second week and On-Demand Songs for a fifth frame. It rebounds 8-2 on Hot Digital Songs after leading the list the week of Dec. 1.
“, Rihanna logged a 47th cumulative week at No. 1, a sum compiled among 12 leading titles. Thus, another way to consider Rihanna’s Hot 100 success is that she spends almost four weeks on top once sending a single to No. 1.
- “Diamonds” is No. 1 in Germany for a 7th week, making it her most popular song there. Fun fact: “We Found Love” was Rihanna’s most successful song in the US, “Umbrella” in the UK, “Only Girl” in Australia, “Man Down” in France.
- Forbes debuted its list of top earning women in the music industry in 2012 today and Rihanna is at No. 3, making $53 million, behing Britney Spears and Taylor Swift.
“RiRi is a blessing in disguise,” said Future, who collaborated with the Barbados superstar on her new album Unapologetic
. “It just says a lot about her character. She takes risks and I love women that take risks because I feel like that’s the way to live. Do it your way.”
- This year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show will be taped on Wednesday (November 7th) in NYC. The show, which will feature Rihanna, will broadcast on December 4 on CBS.
- British singer Emeli Sandé shared last night that one of the songs she wrote will appear on “Unapologetic”. “I love it,” the singer said. “I love the lyrics. I can’t wait to hear what she’s done with it.”
- Ahead of the release of Coldplay‘s Live 2012 concert on November 19th, the film will be shown in selected cinemas around the world, for one night only, on November 13th. The footage features “Princess of China” with Rihanna shot this summer in Paris. Find your nearest screening here.
- Help Rihanna win FuseTV’s video of the year! Go to FuseTV and vote for ‘Where Have You Been’ as video of the year now!
- Check out Rihanna’s brother Rorrey aka GQ (Gallest) on his new song “Get It On” — listen to it here! Would love to hear a little spin on it with his big sister on the remix! The new single from his ‘In My Mind’ Mixtape will be released on November 6th.
- It’s the final week to vote for Rihanna at the MTV EMAs! Don’t wait and vote now!
- “Unapologetic” will go up for pre-order on iTunes tomorrow, November 6th.
- We’ve added a couple more contests for the 777 Tour! Check out how you can win a chance to go on the flight with Rihanna.
- “Diamonds” shines, soaring 18-11 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week. The lead single from Rihanna’s upcoming album bullets at No. 9 on Hot Digital Songs (108,000 downloads sold, down 1%, according to Nielsen SoundScan); roars 28-15 on Hot 100 Airplay (56 million all-format audience impressions, up 31%, according to Nielsen BDS); and, enters On-Demand Songs at No. 35 (371,000 first-week on-demand streams, according to BDS). Buy it now on iTunes and RIHquest.
- RIHminder: Don’t forget to keep voting for Rihanna at the EMAs and AMAs!
- British star Mischa B has covered Rihanna’s “Diamonds” recently, click here to watch it.
- It has only been announced that Rihanna will perform “Princess Of China” with Coldplay at the Grammys this weekend. However, Rihanna’s dancers are rehearsing as well. Maybe we should expect a few surprises… The 54th Annual Grammy Awards will be held on February 12, 2012, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles being broadcast on CBS 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Would you like “Birthday Cake” to be a single? That’s what Rihanna asked her 13 million Twitter followers yesterday. She also tweeted: “Now here’s the trick question! #IF I put collaborator on it, who would u wanna see lick the icing off????? #CAKE I need somebody #DIRRRTY on my Birthday #CAKE ;) lol And please!!!! No girls allowed on #CAKE” Thoughts??
- Rihanna is this year’s 9th most desirable woman according to AskMen.com. “In her memoir Bossypants, Tina Fey cheered Beyonce for “bringing back the leg meat.” Well, Rihanna has taken that “leg meat” torch and run with it. Watching her dance makes us forget that we ever desired supermodels with sticks for legs. Even the snooty Brits can’t get enough of her. When Coldplay’s Chris Martin needed a female vocalist for his recent “Princess of China,” he got Rihanna — even though his wife Gwyneth Paltrow is trying to jumpstart her singing career. Sorry, Gwyneth, you’ve got no “leg meat.”"
- Rihanna’s 24th birthday is just 2 weeks away! If you wish to be a part of our Birthday Project, make sure to click here.
- Rihanna, who recently reached 11 million Twitter followers, tweeted: “I’m gonna release “The Making of TTT” soon! I love it! The edit’s almost 100%….I think you’re gonna love it too. (…) Makin of TTT the album!Lol,not song. However Im not sure how soon ;)”
- MTV names Rihanna one of the hardest working pop stars of 2011: Three years, three albums: That’s the kind of frenetic rate that Rihanna has been working at since she left Chris Brown in 2009. Just this year alone, Rihanna has released six (!) singles: “S&M,” “California King Bed,” “Man Down,” “Cheers (Drink to That),” “We Found Love” and her latest single, “You Da One.” Rihanna also found time to guest on tracks by Kanye (“All of the Lights”), Nicki Minaj (“Fly”), Drake (“Take Care”) and more surprising artists like Coldplay (“Princess of China”) and the Lonely Island (“Shy Ronnie 2: Ronnie & Clyde”). We got tired just by typing all that out! Keep in mind that Rihanna cranked out all of that while also taking her Loud tour to over 20 countries for 100 dates. The amazing thing is that 2012 looks to be just as crazy, as she continues to promote Talk That Talk and preps for the release of her feature film debut, “Battleship.”
- Pop legend Cliff Richard wants to sing with Rihanna: Sir Cliff, 71 (we always forget this information and it surprises us everytime), has collaborated with stars such as Sir Elton John in the past, but said he really fancies warbling with a modern pop diva. Sir Cliff said: “Somebody asked me if I’d like to sing with Rihanna and I thought ‘Who wouldn’t?’ She looks fantastic, she’s got a great voice, but in the case of duets, if it’s feasible, it’s always a matter of what the song is. If we both like the song, that’s the best way to do a duet. I couldn’t just say, ‘yes, I’ll come’, and then sing some dance thing I don’t like.”
Make sure to follow @RihannaDaily on Twitter for more news!
- According to Fragrantica.com, Rihanna’s second fragrance is called “Rebelle” and will be launched in 2012.
“Rebelle by Rihanna is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance for women. Top notes are ploom, strawberry and ginger; middle notes are heliotrope, cacao and orchid; base notes are musk, patchouli, amber and coffee.”
- Austingirlmusicguide.com listened to Coldplay’s “Princess of China” feat. Rihanna and said:
“Among the remaining tracks, the one I was looking forward to most was the highly anticipated Rihanna-guesting “Princess of China.” Despite all the fretting/assumptions about it, I feel it is truly a standout track, the centerpiece of the album. This is probably the only other place on Mylo Xyloto where any sort of hip-hop influences emerge, but it’s done in an even more subtle way than “Paradise.” Rihanna sounds totally different here, unlike anything she’s done, and the combination of her voice with Martin’s is surprising in the best way possible. I think the feeling was mutual around the room; people applauded “Princess of China” more than any other track and none of these dedicated fans seemed put off by Rihanna’s presence – in fact, it was the opposite. This is still a Coldplay song, and Rihanna’s contribution is one that adds not only to the track, but to Mylo Xyloto as a whole. I can’t wait to hear it again.”
- Rihanna was photographed leaving the set of “We Found Love” today, click here to view a couple pictures. DJ Calvin Harris was on the set of the music video as well.
Discuss at rihannaforums.com
- Click here to watch behind the scenes footage of Rihanna during the filming for the Co-Star with Rihanna facebook application.
- J. Cole was asked what was it like shooting in Rihanna’s hometown: “I don’t know if the Rihanna shots are going to make the final cut. But she came out to show love. The intention wasn’t for her to be in it. But yeah, everyone knew she was there and she’s a hometown hero, so it was crazy.”
- Rihanna tweeted: “#CHEERS Longest video shoot EVERRRRR!!!!……”
- Rihanna’s trainer, Ary Nunez, said: ”Rihanna trains as much as she can, whenever she can. This could be every day or three times a week. Her work schedule is extremely demanding, so thank goodness she’s naturally a hard-working person. We make time and find time – whether it is at 4am or 9am.” According to the trainer, RiRi is even willing to work out while having her hair and make-up done. Ary added: ”We always squeeze it in.” She told the new issue of Britain’s Star magazine: ”Rihanna has a gifted physique. She can become lean, get ‘baby guns’ [biceps] and firm up her core quickly. Her physique is the epitome of classic beauty, it’s feminine, strong, agile, poetic and versatile.”
Click “read more” to read an interview with Ursula Stephen, Rihanna’s hair stylist.
+ Click here to continue reading…
- “Battleship” preview is rumoured to premiere at this years Comic-Con which has started yesterday in San Diego. Today (July 22nd) during discussion panel “The Military in Film” U.S. Navy Lt. Michael Smith who took part in “Battleship” movie filming, will discuss along with other members of US Army advising in the film industry how does the real military support the entertainment industry.
- Rihanna tops Billboard’s “Social 50 Music Chart” again jumping from #6 to #1. Rihanna is still the most Liked Female on Facebook.
- Rihanna is bringing her Loud Tour to Barbados on August 5th. She is also expected to appear at a special press conference held before the event.
- “California King Bed” Remixes were released on iTunes! Make sure to purchase them here.