Posted on May 12th, 2014
- Rihanna accidentally dropped Los Angeles Police Commission President Steve Soboroff’s iPhone at an L.A. Clippers game, but the mistake turned lucky for the city’s Cadet Program and families of fallen officers. Read more about it here.
- Before the Mother’s Day brunch photos we posted yesterday, RiRi was also spotted by paparazzi at that same Malibu mansion. Check out photos here.
- Rihanna left New York City a week ago, but just now 247paps published videos of RiRi leaving the Met Gala and her after party. Watch below:
Posted on May 11th, 2014
- Rihanna’s hair stylist Yusef Williams shared a new picture of Rihanna on the set of a photo shoot apparently. Click here to see the photo. He wrote:
Just another day at the office with my favorite girl such an epic day one that I will never forget
- Watch below a video from a couple days ago of Rihanna leaving a restaurant and posing for photos with a fan in New York City:
Posted on April 21st, 2014
- RiRi and her best friend Melissa shared great photos from Sunday. They sang along to Buju Banton and Nadine Sutherland’s “Wicked Dickie” and RiRi twerked in the trunk while watching the sun set. Check out all 8 pictures + videos after the jump.
- While at Rihanna’s studio, Sia wrote “Diamonds” in 14 minutes. “That’s insane,” says Benny Blanco, the song’s co-writer and producer. Rihanna used Sia’s demo vocal as a guide, hewing to her inflections exactly. When Blanco played Furler the finished version, she thought the vocal still belonged to her. “We listened to it on his iPod, sitting on a sofa at ABC Carpet and Home in New York.” she says. “I literally punched him in the arm. I thought Benny was playing a trick on me. She could’ve done it her own way, but I think she really genuinely liked the way it was.”
- In November, DreamWorks’ Home, based on Adam Rex’s book The True Meaning of Smekday, will be the first animated 3D movie with a black character as the lead. The film features Rihanna’s vocals portraying a teenage girl named Tip, Jim Parsons lending his voice to an alien named Oh, Jennifer Lopez as Tip’s mother, and Steve Martin as Captain Smek, the leader of the “Boov” alien race.
- A new photo of Rihanna on the set of her Vogue Brasil cover shoot came out today. Click here to check it out. Read more about it here.
Posted on February 14th, 2014
- Drake was asked about Rihanna in his latest Rolling Stone interview:
“She’s the ultimate fantasy. I mean, I think about it. Like, ‘Man, that would be good.’ We have fun together, she’s cool and sh*t. But we’re just friends. That’s my dog for life.”
- Check out a new version of Rihanna’s 2006 song “Dem Haters” featuring Ne-Yo.
Posted on February 11th, 2014
- Kuk Harrell, Rihanna’s vocal producer, has revealed that her new album will be “next level”. Can’t wait!
- Rihanna is spending some time with her family this week and one of her cousins, Nicolette, shared a picture of RiRi after waking up. Click here to see it. Cute!
- Shakira stopped by On Air with Ryan Seacrest to talk about her new, sexy video with Rihanna for their collaboration, “Can’t Remember to Forget You.” The Colombian singer recently released her video with RiRi for “Can’t Remember to Forget You” and it’s already received over 100 million views. Shakira admits that the video “was going to be a little controversial … I knew … people would be interested especially because Rihanna is so big, but these numbers are unbelievable.” The duo shot the video in December and Shakira reveals they’ve grown closer since working together. ”We knew each other, but we weren’t close,” Shakira says of their relationship. “But [now], we text once in a while and we comment on things. She’s very nice, very sweet.” Download “Can’t Remember to Forget You” on iTunes here … and Shakira drops March 25!
- DJ Chelsea Leyland told Billboard that RiRi is her main style inspirations in the music industry: “Rihanna’s a bad bitch. I’m not a big Beyonce girl, but I love Rihanna. Her style is bad-ass. No one is too cool for her. She is the Madonna of our time.”
Posted on February 9th, 2014
- RiRi keeps working on new music. Vocal producer Kuk Harrell has added a photo to Instagram and wrote “#makinrecords #8 #puttininthework #rihannanewmusic”. Audio engineer Trehy Harris recently revealed: “One of the three production rooms booked from last night’s session with Rihanna.” Can’t wait!
- Just ten days after its release, Shakira’s music video for “Can’t Remember To Forget You” featuring Rihanna has already reached 100 million views on YouTube, becoming VEVO Certified! Watch the video again here and purchase it on iTunes.
- “Jump” has become Rihanna’s 20th top ten single on the Australian Charts, at No. 9 this week. FYI: The track has not been released as a single.
Posted on January 23rd, 2014
- Rihanna’s best friend posted a photo of RiRi at a recording studio in Los Angeles on Wednesday (January 22). FYI: Melissa deleted her previous Instagram page and created a new one, so make sure to follow @mdollas11.
- Shakira’s “Can’t Remember To Forget You” feat. Rihanna debuted at No. 28 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week. Make sure to get the track on iTunes and request it on the radio.
- Mikky Ekko has unveiled the original recording of his duet with Rihanna, “Stay”. Listen here. The pair will be hoping to score a Grammy Award for the track THIS weekend after it picked up a nomination for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.