February 11, 2014 3:07pm Category: Quick News
- Kuk Harrell, Rihanna’s vocal producer, has revealed that her new album will be “next level”. Can’t wait!
- Rihanna is spending some time with her family this week and one of her cousins, Nicolette, shared a picture of RiRi after waking up. Click here to see it. Cute!
- Shakira stopped by On Air with Ryan Seacrest to talk about her new, sexy video with Rihanna for their collaboration, “Can’t Remember to Forget You.” The Colombian singer recently released her video with RiRi for “Can’t Remember to Forget You” and it’s already received over 100 million views. Shakira admits that the video “was going to be a little controversial … I knew … people would be interested especially because Rihanna is so big, but these numbers are unbelievable.” The duo shot the video in December and Shakira reveals they’ve grown closer since working together. ”We knew each other, but we weren’t close,” Shakira says of their relationship. “But [now], we text once in a while and we comment on things. She’s very nice, very sweet.” Download “Can’t Remember to Forget You” on iTunes here … and Shakira drops March 25!
- DJ Chelsea Leyland told Billboard that RiRi is her main style inspirations in the music industry: “Rihanna’s a bad bitch. I’m not a big Beyonce girl, but I love Rihanna. Her style is bad-ass. No one is too cool for her. She is the Madonna of our time.”
February 9, 2014 5:49pm Category: Quick News
- RiRi keeps working on new music. Vocal producer Kuk Harrell has added a photo to Instagram and wrote “#makinrecords #8 #puttininthework #rihannanewmusic”. Audio engineer Trehy Harris recently revealed: “One of the three production rooms booked from last night’s session with Rihanna.” Can’t wait!
- Just ten days after its release, Shakira’s music video for “Can’t Remember To Forget You” featuring Rihanna has already reached 100 million views on YouTube, becoming VEVO Certified! Watch the video again here and purchase it on iTunes.
- “Jump” has become Rihanna’s 20th top ten single on the Australian Charts, at No. 9 this week. FYI: The track has not been released as a single.
January 23, 2014 10:00am Category: Quick News
- Rihanna’s best friend posted a photo of RiRi at a recording studio in Los Angeles on Wednesday (January 22). FYI: Melissa deleted her previous Instagram page and created a new one, so make sure to follow @mdollas11.
- Shakira’s “Can’t Remember To Forget You” feat. Rihanna debuted at No. 28 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week. Make sure to get the track on iTunes and request it on the radio.
- Mikky Ekko has unveiled the original recording of his duet with Rihanna, “Stay”. Listen here. The pair will be hoping to score a Grammy Award for the track THIS weekend after it picked up a nomination for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.