Category Archives: Quick News
- It has only been announced that Rihanna will perform “Princess Of China” with Coldplay at the Grammys this weekend. However, Rihanna’s dancers are rehearsing as well. Maybe we should expect a few surprises… The 54th Annual Grammy Awards will be held on February 12, 2012, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles being broadcast on CBS 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Would you like “Birthday Cake” to be a single? That’s what Rihanna asked her 13 million Twitter followers yesterday. She also tweeted: “Now here’s the trick question! #IF I put collaborator on it, who would u wanna see lick the icing off????? #CAKE I need somebody #DIRRRTY on my Birthday #CAKE ;) lol And please!!!! No girls allowed on #CAKE” Thoughts??
- Rihanna is this year’s 9th most desirable woman according to AskMen.com. “In her memoir Bossypants, Tina Fey cheered Beyonce for “bringing back the leg meat.” Well, Rihanna has taken that “leg meat” torch and run with it. Watching her dance makes us forget that we ever desired supermodels with sticks for legs. Even the snooty Brits can’t get enough of her. When Coldplay’s Chris Martin needed a female vocalist for his recent “Princess of China,” he got Rihanna — even though his wife Gwyneth Paltrow is trying to jumpstart her singing career. Sorry, Gwyneth, you’ve got no “leg meat.”"
- Rihanna’s 24th birthday is just 2 weeks away! If you wish to be a part of our Birthday Project, make sure to click here.
- Rihanna, who recently reached 11 million Twitter followers, tweeted: “I’m gonna release “The Making of TTT” soon! I love it! The edit’s almost 100%….I think you’re gonna love it too. (…) Makin of TTT the album!Lol,not song. However Im not sure how soon ;)”
- MTV names Rihanna one of the hardest working pop stars of 2011: Three years, three albums: That’s the kind of frenetic rate that Rihanna has been working at since she left Chris Brown in 2009. Just this year alone, Rihanna has released six (!) singles: “S&M,” “California King Bed,” “Man Down,” “Cheers (Drink to That),” “We Found Love” and her latest single, “You Da One.” Rihanna also found time to guest on tracks by Kanye (“All of the Lights”), Nicki Minaj (“Fly”), Drake (“Take Care”) and more surprising artists like Coldplay (“Princess of China”) and the Lonely Island (“Shy Ronnie 2: Ronnie & Clyde”). We got tired just by typing all that out! Keep in mind that Rihanna cranked out all of that while also taking her Loud tour to over 20 countries for 100 dates. The amazing thing is that 2012 looks to be just as crazy, as she continues to promote Talk That Talk and preps for the release of her feature film debut, “Battleship.”
- Pop legend Cliff Richard wants to sing with Rihanna: Sir Cliff, 71 (we always forget this information and it surprises us everytime), has collaborated with stars such as Sir Elton John in the past, but said he really fancies warbling with a modern pop diva. Sir Cliff said: “Somebody asked me if I’d like to sing with Rihanna and I thought ‘Who wouldn’t?’ She looks fantastic, she’s got a great voice, but in the case of duets, if it’s feasible, it’s always a matter of what the song is. If we both like the song, that’s the best way to do a duet. I couldn’t just say, ‘yes, I’ll come’, and then sing some dance thing I don’t like.”
Make sure to follow @RihannaDaily on Twitter for more news!
- According to Fragrantica.com, Rihanna’s second fragrance is called “Rebelle” and will be launched in 2012.
“Rebelle by Rihanna is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance for women. Top notes are ploom, strawberry and ginger; middle notes are heliotrope, cacao and orchid; base notes are musk, patchouli, amber and coffee.”
- Austingirlmusicguide.com listened to Coldplay’s “Princess of China” feat. Rihanna and said:
“Among the remaining tracks, the one I was looking forward to most was the highly anticipated Rihanna-guesting “Princess of China.” Despite all the fretting/assumptions about it, I feel it is truly a standout track, the centerpiece of the album. This is probably the only other place on Mylo Xyloto where any sort of hip-hop influences emerge, but it’s done in an even more subtle way than “Paradise.” Rihanna sounds totally different here, unlike anything she’s done, and the combination of her voice with Martin’s is surprising in the best way possible. I think the feeling was mutual around the room; people applauded “Princess of China” more than any other track and none of these dedicated fans seemed put off by Rihanna’s presence – in fact, it was the opposite. This is still a Coldplay song, and Rihanna’s contribution is one that adds not only to the track, but to Mylo Xyloto as a whole. I can’t wait to hear it again.”
- Rihanna was photographed leaving the set of “We Found Love” today, click here to view a couple pictures. DJ Calvin Harris was on the set of the music video as well.
Discuss at rihannaforums.com
- Click here to watch behind the scenes footage of Rihanna during the filming for the Co-Star with Rihanna facebook application.
- J. Cole was asked what was it like shooting in Rihanna’s hometown: “I don’t know if the Rihanna shots are going to make the final cut. But she came out to show love. The intention wasn’t for her to be in it. But yeah, everyone knew she was there and she’s a hometown hero, so it was crazy.”
- Rihanna tweeted: “#CHEERS Longest video shoot EVERRRRR!!!!……”
- Rihanna’s trainer, Ary Nunez, said: ”Rihanna trains as much as she can, whenever she can. This could be every day or three times a week. Her work schedule is extremely demanding, so thank goodness she’s naturally a hard-working person. We make time and find time – whether it is at 4am or 9am.” According to the trainer, RiRi is even willing to work out while having her hair and make-up done. Ary added: ”We always squeeze it in.” She told the new issue of Britain’s Star magazine: ”Rihanna has a gifted physique. She can become lean, get ‘baby guns’ [biceps] and firm up her core quickly. Her physique is the epitome of classic beauty, it’s feminine, strong, agile, poetic and versatile.”
Click “read more” to read an interview with Ursula Stephen, Rihanna’s hair stylist.
+ Continue reading…
- “Battleship” preview is rumoured to premiere at this years Comic-Con which has started yesterday in San Diego. Today (July 22nd) during discussion panel “The Military in Film” U.S. Navy Lt. Michael Smith who took part in “Battleship” movie filming, will discuss along with other members of US Army advising in the film industry how does the real military support the entertainment industry.
- Rihanna tops Billboard’s “Social 50 Music Chart” again jumping from #6 to #1. Rihanna is still the most Liked Female on Facebook.
- Rihanna is bringing her Loud Tour to Barbados on August 5th. She is also expected to appear at a special press conference held before the event.
- “California King Bed” Remixes were released on iTunes! Make sure to purchase them here.
Here’s a summary of latest quick news and answers for your frequently asked questions
- Rumours have been circulating recently that Rihanna canceled her appearance at the Brit Awards (as some poorly informed media reported she was even supposed to sing in a duet). This is not true! Rihanna confirmed that she is performing during the ceremony. It will take place on February 15th – after Grammy Awards show.
- “S&M” video is available on iTunes! Make sure to purchase it! Click here to download the song! This weekend we will be supporting the song during “S&M Download Weekend” so make sure to join us!
- Rihanna has tweeted that in 2 weeks she’s going to announce some information about “Loud” tour in USA! She also said that more dates might be added to Brazil!
- Don’t forget about Rihanna’s new fragrance “Reb’l Fleur” in stores now! A brand new website has been recently launched. Make sure to check it out on February 10th for perfumes promo spot. On Sunday a billboard with Rihanna will be released in Los Angeles and on 2/14 in NYC!
- New “Loud” Tour dates were added in Hamburg (December 4th), Germany and Broadbeach Gold Coast (February 28th) in Australia. The latest added date is Lisbon, Portugal – December 17th.
- If you don’t know where to watch Rihanna’s latest music video make sure to head over to her official website www.RihannaNow.com
- Rihanna’s “S&M“, the third single off of her chart topping album LOUD, has been officially released in the United States! Let’s show the #RihannaNavy power and request and buy the track on iTunes as much as we can. The song is already No. 2 on the Australian iTunes!
- “What’s My Name?” has been watched over 100 million times on YouTube just 2 months after its premiere. Great!
- Rihanna’s LOUD has been released in Japan last week, debuting at #5.
- Due to phenomenal public demand, Rihanna has added two more dates to her LOUD tour. Tickets on presale 12pm Thursday:
Nov 13 | London, UK (The O2)
Dec 02 | Manchester, UK (MEN Arena)
- According to Kanye West, his music video for “All Of The Lights” featuring Rihanna will be released in less than a week. Can’t wait!
- Rihanna has revealed some unknown info to Vanity Fair’s My Stuff. She talked about home, inspirations, clothes and beauty products. Click here or here to read it.
- If you’re a Rihanna Navy member, we’re sure you know Ashleigh Haney, Rihanna’s backing singer. Make sure watch her latest music video for “Rainbow Killer“!
- Nicki Minaj has mentioned Rihanna in a recent interview. She joked: “We’re not getting cozy—yet. There is a possibility ’cause she’s just a bad bitch. You never know. That’d be like a freakin’ crazy power couple right now in the world of females.” (Read more)
- Katy Perry’s new single, “Teenage Dream,” knocked Eminem’s “Love The Way You Lie” featuring Rihanna from No. 1 after a seven-week reign on the Billboard Hot 100.
- RihannaNow.com, Rihanna’s official website, has been updated with another “Loud” promotional picture!
- According to Ascap.com, a Rihanna song called “Cheers” has been written by Avril Lavigne, Jermaine Jackson and 5 other artists. We can’t wait to hear it!
- Be sure to click here and watch an amazing fan video called “The Rihanna Phenomenon”. You will be even more proud to be a Rihanna fan after watching it!
- Rihanna has recently said that she won’t be at this years VMAs, on Sunday.
- In case you haven’t checked @RihannaDaily’s Twitter lately, we’ve uploaded a few unseen Rihanna pictures to our Twitpic page.
- RiRi has updated her twitter with the following messages:
“http://twitpic.com/2mlf13 – The response to this record has been incredible THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!”
“Special thanks to my boy @ryanseacrest …….WORK!”
• RiRi is the Seventeen Magazines’s new cover girl (August issue)! Doesn’t she look adorable?!
“Rihanna: The Awesome Reason She’s So Happy Now”
If you’re going to buy the magazine, please send scans to email@example.com.
• Rihanna’s band and dancers are already rehearsing for the North American leg of their “Last Girl On Earth Tour”.
• We got a surprise coming later this week, so be sure to keep visiting RD. We’re sure you guys are going to love it!
• Billboard.com: Alex Da Kid, who produced the standout ballad “Love the Way You Lie,” featuring Rihanna, says that Shady senior director of A&R Rigo Morales “heard my beat and what I had done with B.o.B on ‘Airplanes,’ and I guess they realized they kind of liked me.” Rosenberg says of “Love the Way You Lie,” which chronicles an abusive relationship, “Marshall wrote it with Rihanna in mind and hoped that she was open to taking on that subject matter. She heard it and thought that it would be a great opportunity to do that.”