Pictures + Videos from the awards show here >>
Watch the video here >>
Archives from category: "Quick News"
- Rihanna is on the cover of France’s Jalouse magazine. The cover photo was taken back in March when RiRi attended a Givenchy show at Paris Fashion Week. Click here to see it.
- Navy, make sure to keep checking BET.com everyday for new challenges to vote for Rihanna. The FANdemonium champ will be revealed LIVE at the BET Awards on June 29 at 8P/7C.
- Nigerian musician Wizkid recently tweeted that he had studio sessions with RiRi. Producers Kai Henry and J Angel were also in the studio with her a few days ago.
- Actress Cameron Diaz told Grazia Magazine: “My style icon is Rihanna, she’s incredible. She transcends everything she wears.” Agreed!
- RiRi is spending a lot of time with her cousin’s baby, Majesty, in Los Angeles. Over the weekend she shared a few photos on Twitter with the cute baby! In case you missed them, they’re available after the jump.
- On Friday she went partying, click here to see a couple low quality fan photos. Make sure to follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to don’t miss any news or photos as well.
- Rihanna broke another YouTube record: her VEVO channel is the first to reach 14 million subscribers! Speaking of it, make sure to watch “Cheers (Drink To That)”, her next video to become VEVO Certified.
- Don’t forget to show your thanks to Hard Rock Cafe for supporting Rihanna’s Clara Lionel Foundation by buying a t-shirt she helped create.
While RiRi keeps quiet in Los Angeles, check out some quick news:
- Via The New York Times: “When your star client is an internationally obsessed-over, unfailingly photographed clotheshorse, a peculiar problem presents itself. “It’s the end of May,” the stylist Mel Ottenberg said, ‘and we’ve already used up all of fall/winter. It’s over.’ For most women, the fall/winter collections, which won’t arrive in stores for several months, are something to look forward to. For Rihanna, the record-setting artist and current idol of fashion, they are old news.” Make sure to read the rest of this great article here or after the jump.
- Rihanna is nominated for Best International Act at the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards. Vote here.
- We have just one more day to vote for Rihanna’s ROGUE as celebrity fragrance of the year. Don’t waste time and vote here.
- Rihanna has been tweeting what appear to be new music lyrics! She’s been seen in recording studios since last year. Maybe it’s time for her 8th album to come out already! Share your thoughts here.
You’re just another brick and I’m a sledgehammer #barz / You gone make me a believer…even if that shit ain’t true #Barz / Politics is one bold move… Politics in lovin’ you #barz / Your silver tongue is full of lies, with tricks and thrills and Bambi eyes / And I hate that all I hate just don’t compare, because I love you #barz / Let me make it clear, ain’t no place better, than where we’re together…just me and my money #bars / You be the type that’ll wife her, I take her home and I don’t even like her / You be the type that’ll fall in love, I be the type that be giving a fuuuuuck / I’d rather beee, smoking weeeed, everytime ya kiiiiss me, dooooon’t say that you miiiiss me…
- Rihanna is also working on a concept album around the forthcoming 3D-movie titled “Home”. Emeli Sande recently revealed: “I’ve been writing for Rihanna’s new movie, which has been incredible.”
- Billboard and Twitter launched the Billboard Twitter Real-Time Charts. These new, interactive charts redefine how fans interact with, and influence, popular content by ranking the most popular songs being shared on Twitter in the U.S. Read more about it here.
- Rihanna is nominated for two awards in the Italian MTV Awards: Vogue Eyewear Best Look & Best Video. Vote here.
- In an interview with Style.com, Tom Ford spoke about his CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award, but also touched on the current state of fashion. The designer believes that the critic to consumer model is no longer relevant, and doesn’t serve to inform or alter the tastes of the masses. Instead, people care more about the social media co-signs of megastars like Rihanna. Rihanna agreed and tweeted “he gets it”. Ford explained:
Something new is happening that I’m just clueing into now—this probably won’t go down well—but customers don’t care any more about reviews or hard-copy publications. They care what picture Rihanna just Instagrammed while she’s naked in bed, what new shoes she has on, how she’s talking about them. That’s what they respond to.
- Rihanna accidentally dropped Los Angeles Police Commission President Steve Soboroff’s iPhone at an L.A. Clippers game, but the mistake turned lucky for the city’s Cadet Program and families of fallen officers. Read more about it here.
- Before the Mother’s Day brunch photos we posted yesterday, RiRi was also spotted by paparazzi at that same Malibu mansion. Check out photos here.
- Rihanna left New York City a week ago, but just now 247paps published videos of RiRi leaving the Met Gala and her after party. Watch below:
- Rihanna’s hair stylist Yusef Williams shared a new picture of Rihanna on the set of a photo shoot apparently. Click here to see the photo. He wrote:
Just another day at the office with my favorite girl such an epic day one that I will never forget
- Watch below a video from a couple days ago of Rihanna leaving a restaurant and posing for photos with a fan in New York City:
- RiRi and her best friend Melissa shared great photos from Sunday. They sang along to Buju Banton and Nadine Sutherland’s “Wicked Dickie” and RiRi twerked in the trunk while watching the sun set. Check out all 8 pictures + videos after the jump.
- While at Rihanna’s studio, Sia wrote “Diamonds” in 14 minutes. “That’s insane,” says Benny Blanco, the song’s co-writer and producer. Rihanna used Sia’s demo vocal as a guide, hewing to her inflections exactly. When Blanco played Furler the finished version, she thought the vocal still belonged to her. “We listened to it on his iPod, sitting on a sofa at ABC Carpet and Home in New York.” she says. “I literally punched him in the arm. I thought Benny was playing a trick on me. She could’ve done it her own way, but I think she really genuinely liked the way it was.”
- In November, DreamWorks’ Home, based on Adam Rex’s book The True Meaning of Smekday, will be the first animated 3D movie with a black character as the lead. The film features Rihanna’s vocals portraying a teenage girl named Tip, Jim Parsons lending his voice to an alien named Oh, Jennifer Lopez as Tip’s mother, and Steve Martin as Captain Smek, the leader of the “Boov” alien race.
- A new photo of Rihanna on the set of her Vogue Brasil cover shoot came out today. Click here to check it out. Read more about it here.
- Drake was asked about Rihanna in his latest Rolling Stone interview:
“She’s the ultimate fantasy. I mean, I think about it. Like, ‘Man, that would be good.’ We have fun together, she’s cool and sh*t. But we’re just friends. That’s my dog for life.”
- Check out a new version of Rihanna’s 2006 song “Dem Haters” featuring Ne-Yo.