Pictures + Videos from the awards show here >>
Watch the video here >>
Archives from category: "Quick News"
- Rihanna was spotted last night leaving her hotel in NYC and heading to Up and Down nightclub with her friends. Check out more pictures here.
- See more outtakes from the upcoming W Korea magazine released via Rihanna’s Instagram! If anyone could scan this magazine for us please e-mail!
- In a recent interview Florence Welch of Florence and The Machine confirmed that part from her song is going to be used on Rihanna’s new album.
I was so thrilled cause I’m actually a huge fan. I actually bumped into her the other day. She was looking amazing… she looked so beautiful and we had like… cause she sent me this song and I said of course but we never actually manage to speak, of course we met before but we never managed to actually speak in person about it […] it’s a sample […] and it’s one of my favourite songs from Ceremonials. I love when stuff like that happens, when people reimagine your music and I love it when it has different form…
Watch from 08:30
- You can now watch Rihanna’s FourFiveSeconds performance from 2015 Grammy Awards on VEVO!
- Two of Rihanna’s Instagram photos recently reached over 1 million likes — her most liked pictures ever! Make sure to follow @badgalriri and @rihannadaily (for even more news!) now.
- Ri’s creative director Ciarra Pardo helped her celebrate 10 years since getting signed to Def Jam Recordings! Ri wrote and shared a couple photos on Twitter:
“And @ciarrap helped me celebrate 10 years yesterday since getting signed!! God is powerful! #trailerparkAfterDark “
- Rihanna has raised over $50 million for the MAC AIDS Fund. Ri designed two lines of Viva Glam lipstick and lipglass for the cosmetics brand MAC, which was then sold to raise money to support those who suffer from the deadly disease. Announcing the news, the brand’s official Twitter account read:
”And…congrats to @rihanna on raising $50 mill+ for @MACAIDSFund during her 2014 #VIVAGLAM reign. Most ever in one year!”
- ILOVEMAKONNEN’s debut album might give us a collab with Rihanna. “I love Rihanna,” he said, adding that they hadn’t yet been in the studio together, but were laying the foundations for future work. “We’re just working on some ideas and stuff. But it’s gonna happen in due time.” Read more at MTV News.
- Boston Navy! This restaurant is hosting a Rihanna themed brunch this month. Read all details here.
- RIHminder: The Fendi bag Rihanna has helped design will be unveiled at a cocktail party at the new store this Friday, February 13, hosted by Karl Lagerfeld, Silvia Venturini Fendi and chairman and chief executive officer Pietro Beccari. Read more here.
- Rihanna’s i-D Magazine cover is on newsstands now in the United Kingdom (and worldwide on Feb. 9). You can see more photos from the magazine + the article here. Thanks, Tris!
- On Wednesday (February 4), Rihanna was seen at a restaurant and then heading to a recording studio in Los Angeles. Click here and here for photos. Earlier, her cousin shared a photo of Ri holding Majesty. Cute!
- Don’t forget today is Download Day! “FourFiveSeconds” is currently No. 1 on the worldwide iTunes charts for 11 days. Like facebook.com/rihannanavy for more details.
- Sam Smith recently told Rolling Stone magazine:
“I fucking love Rihanna. She came to my show in L.A. She speaks to me all the time. For someone that famous, she’s really real. Love her.”
- Balmain creative director Olivier Rousteing told The Telegraph that Rihanna has the aura and charisma to rival some of the most legendary beauties in history, including Madonna – and Grace Kelly. He said:
“She has this aura, this charisma. It’s not only sexual. It’s something else. She is like a new Grace Kelly, or a Madonna…This woman of the world who represents a new world.”
- Fashion blog HausOfRihanna recently spoke to Rihanna’s stylist Mel Ottenberg about his work with Ri. Read the Q&A after the jump.
- Visit Billboard.com to read a review from last night’s DirecTV Pre-Super Bowl Concert, including its complete setlist.
- The Boov are coming for Earth on March 27! Get to know the alien race in this clip of Oh from DreamWorks Animation’s “Home”, starring Rihanna as Tip.
- Ne-Yo has promised all the Rihanna fans out there that she has big plans coming… and that he might be a part of them:
“I actually have seen Rihanna recently. The conversation wasn’t really music it was just reuniting and how you been. We didn’t really talk music. I went into the studio for her not too long ago to do some stuff, I don’t know what’s being kept or what-not. I noticed she’s got a few things coming, she’s got a new album in the works. She’s doing a lot of stuff all at one time right now.”
- Eminem’s “The Monster” music video featuring Rihanna is nominated for Best Song at the 2014 MTV Europe Music Awards. Click here to vote now.
- Fashion Magazine got the chance to chat to Rihanna’s makeup artist Lora Arellano. Read the short interview after the jump.
- After spending 10 days on vacation with her friends, Rihanna is now in New York City… and ready for Fashion Week! Her friend Leandra just shared a photo on Instagram. Gorgeous! Make sure to check us back for more.
- Rihanna showed her support for Cogs 4 Cancer by wearing their supporter bands while on vacation. Check out photos after the jump and visit cogs4cancer.org for more info.
- You can still purchase merchandise from Eminem & Rihanna’s The Monster Tour. Don’t waste time and visit the store now.
- Rihanna’s brother Rorrey shared a picture with her from last night. She showed up at VIP Room for the release party of Rorrey’s Intolerable Cruelty mixtape, which you can download here.
- Who should be crowned as the Popcrush Hottest Female Star of 2014? You can vote for Rihanna or Miley Cyrus once an hour until the polls close at 12PM ET on July 20. Vote here.
- Vote now for Rihanna Navy in Round 1 of Billboard’s Fan Army. Polls close July 11.
- Don’t forget to show how you ROCK your Hard Rock Limited Edition Rihanna t-shirt on Facebook or Twitter using #ThisIsHardRock now through July 31 for a chance to win an autographed tee from RiRi!! Get the shirt here.
- Watch below a new video of Rihanna in New York City yesterday:
- Forbes Magazine lands Rihanna at 8th on their Celebrity 100 List this year:
“Rihanna may be the perfect embodiment of the modern pop star. The 26-year-old Barbados native churns out radio hits like “We Found Love” and “Diamonds” and collaborates with some of the biggest names in the business like Jay-Z and Eminem. But she also uses social media better than almost anyone. Her Twitter and Instagram feeds allow her to connect with her fans in a way that feels honest and unfiltered and they love her for it. Rihanna is the second most-powerful social media user on our list after Justin Bieber. “
- Lorde has spoken about her love for Rihanna, describing the singer as “fearless”. The ‘Royals’ singer told the London Evening Standard’s ES magazine that she admires the Bajan star’s embodiment of female sexuality. She explained: “She’s just magnetic. You can’t not look at Rihanna. I would buy anything Rihanna sold me.”
- Keep voting! Rihanna is nominated for Female Hottie at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards. Vote here. While signing in, make sure to change your age to 13-19, otherwise you won’t be able to vote.
- Rihanna Daily has recently reached 500.000 followers on Twitter and 300.000 followers on Instagram! That’s huge! Thank you so much, Navy.