Archives from category: "Latest News"
- RiRi and her best friend Melissa shared great photos from Sunday. They sang along to Buju Banton and Nadine Sutherland’s “Wicked Dickie” and RiRi twerked in the trunk while watching the sun set. Check out all 8 pictures + videos after the jump.
- While at Rihanna’s studio, Sia wrote “Diamonds” in 14 minutes. “That’s insane,” says Benny Blanco, the song’s co-writer and producer. Rihanna used Sia’s demo vocal as a guide, hewing to her inflections exactly. When Blanco played Furler the finished version, she thought the vocal still belonged to her. “We listened to it on his iPod, sitting on a sofa at ABC Carpet and Home in New York.” she says. “I literally punched him in the arm. I thought Benny was playing a trick on me. She could’ve done it her own way, but I think she really genuinely liked the way it was.”
- In November, DreamWorks’ Home, based on Adam Rex’s book The True Meaning of Smekday, will be the first animated 3D movie with a black character as the lead. The film features Rihanna’s vocals portraying a teenage girl named Tip, Jim Parsons lending his voice to an alien named Oh, Jennifer Lopez as Tip’s mother, and Steve Martin as Captain Smek, the leader of the “Boov” alien race.
- A new photo of Rihanna on the set of her Vogue Brasil cover shoot came out today. Click here to check it out. Read more about it here.
After the MTV Movie Awards, Rihanna headed to Coachella Music Festival with Drake. She posed for photos with a couple fans and was seen hugging Drake after his performance. Cute!
RiRi keeps celebrating her best friend’s birthday in Los Angeles. On Friday (April 11), Rihanna and Melissa were joined by Drake and other friends at Giorgio Baldi Restaurant. Click here for photos. RiRi wrote:
Nobody in de world could mek me laugh di$ ra$$hole hard, Nobody cud talk a$ much cunt a$ you, Nobody cud keep my dirty lil $ecret$ like you, Nobody el$e cud embara$$ my $tyle….You literally make bitche$ wi$h they had an M.Forde by their side! I will never take for granted the day you packed your $hit and left BIM to come hold me down, cuz God know$ I would never be able to $urvive thi$ and remain my$elf through it all! You are literally the $trongest, $exie$t, most perverted, humble, kind, intelligent, $hady a$ PHUCK human being I know! My $i$tren!!! My hitta!!! I know I tell you thi$ all the time, but Money cud neva buy what you give me!! Our friend$hip will alway$ be family! Ya $weet a$ $ex!!! #MDollaz #April11 #HappyBirthday @mdollas11
Rihanna looked gorgeous while being photographed heading to her dentist’s office in New York City on Tuesday (March 18). Click here for photos.
Princess RiRi was photographed at her favorite New York restaurant on Monday (March 17). She looked lovely as always! Click here for photos.
After a very busy week in Paris Rihanna is now staying low as she continues to support Drake on his tour. Check out some of the latest news:
- Rihanna travelled to Amsterdam from Paris [source]. Yesterday she was spotted in Belgium already. [view video]
- Adele and Rihanna were the latest artists to score million-selling singles in the UK. ‘Rolling In The Deep’ and ‘Diamonds’ are the 144th and 145th tracks to reach the sales milestone. It was also revealed that Rihanna’s single “We Found Love” was placed at #9 at The Official Top 40 Biggest Selling Singles Of All Time By Female Artists list [source]
- Rihanna is nominated for MTV Movie Awards 2014. RiRi is up for Best Cameo after her role in comedy This Is The End last week. The MTV Movie Awards 2014 takes place at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on 13th April. VOTE HERE!!!
- Rihanna is Spotify’s most popular female for the second year in a row and the most streamed female of all time on the music platform! It is the second year in a row Rihanna has topped the list, which has been compiled to celebrate International Women’s Day. Listen Rihanna on Spotify below:
Rihanna is plotting her next blockbuster. She will create a concept album based on the animated film “Home”.
DreamWorks Animation chief Jeffrey Katzenberg announced the news during the company’s earnings conference on Tuesday, reports Variety. She will also perform new songs in the movie.
“Home”, formerly known as “Happy Smekday!”, is based on Adam Rex’s award-winning book “The True Meaning of Smekday”. Rihanna will play one of the lead characters opposite “Big Bang Theory” star Jim Parsons. Jennifer Lopez and Steve Martin also lend their voices.
In the film, friendly aliens invade Earth to escape their mortal enemy. When one of their own accidentally reveals their whereabouts, he has to flee with a teenage girl, taking a road trip across a postapocalyptic America. Along the way, he learns what it means to be human.
Directed by Tim Johnson (Antz, Over the Hedge), Home will hit theaters on November 26.
This will mark Rihanna’s first musical endeavor since 2012′s platinum-selling album “Unapologetic”.
Rihanna celebrated 26th birthday… in a jacuzzi! Check out some of the pictures she posted on her Instagram!
In other news “The Monster” video with Eminem has just passed 100 million news which means it’s yet another #VEVOCertified video featuring Rihanna. We literally lost track which one! ;-) #QueenofVEVO! Check out a playlist featuring some other Rihanna’s VEVO Certified videos here. Watch “The Monster” below.