Archives from category: "Latest News"
The broken smartphone Rihanna dropped while taking a selfie at a Clippers game — and which helped raise $116,500 for police groups — will be going on display at the Grammy Museum, it was announced today.
The high bidder for the phone in an eBay auction was disqualified, but an anonymous bidder matched the amount and agreed to lend the signed smartphone to the museum, according to Los Angeles Police Commission President Steve Soboroff, the owner of the phone.
Soboroff persuaded Rihanna to take a selfie with him as both wore LAPD bracelets at a Clippers game. Rihanna, however, dropped the phone after snapping the photo. She later autographed the cracked phone and pledged $25,000 to the Los Angeles Police Foundation.
Soboroff matched her donation then put the phone up for bid on eBay — with the bids topping out at $66,500.
Half of the money raised will go to the Los Angeles Police Foundation for LAPD Cadets and the rest to the Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation to support the families of fallen officers.
RiRi might not be back on Instagram yet, but that doesn’t mean we’ll no longer see her selfies. On Thursday (May 15), she rocked a pink wig and shared a few photos on Twitter. She wrote:
We raided Nicki’s wig closet for the summer! Bad gals just wanna have fun!
How do you like it?
- Rihanna accidentally dropped Los Angeles Police Commission President Steve Soboroff’s iPhone at an L.A. Clippers game, but the mistake turned lucky for the city’s Cadet Program and families of fallen officers. Read more about it here.
- Before the Mother’s Day brunch photos we posted yesterday, RiRi was also spotted by paparazzi at that same Malibu mansion. Check out photos here.
- Rihanna left New York City a week ago, but just now 247paps published videos of RiRi leaving the Met Gala and her after party. Watch below:
- Rihanna’s hair stylist Yusef Williams shared a new picture of Rihanna on the set of a photo shoot apparently. Click here to see the photo. He wrote:
Just another day at the office with my favorite girl such an epic day one that I will never forget
- Watch below a video from a couple days ago of Rihanna leaving a restaurant and posing for photos with a fan in New York City:
On Saturday (April 26) Rihanna was seen leaving her hotel in New York City. You can check out images here.
- RiRi and her best friend Melissa shared great photos from Sunday. They sang along to Buju Banton and Nadine Sutherland’s “Wicked Dickie” and RiRi twerked in the trunk while watching the sun set. Check out all 8 pictures + videos after the jump.
- While at Rihanna’s studio, Sia wrote “Diamonds” in 14 minutes. “That’s insane,” says Benny Blanco, the song’s co-writer and producer. Rihanna used Sia’s demo vocal as a guide, hewing to her inflections exactly. When Blanco played Furler the finished version, she thought the vocal still belonged to her. “We listened to it on his iPod, sitting on a sofa at ABC Carpet and Home in New York.” she says. “I literally punched him in the arm. I thought Benny was playing a trick on me. She could’ve done it her own way, but I think she really genuinely liked the way it was.”
- In November, DreamWorks’ Home, based on Adam Rex’s book The True Meaning of Smekday, will be the first animated 3D movie with a black character as the lead. The film features Rihanna’s vocals portraying a teenage girl named Tip, Jim Parsons lending his voice to an alien named Oh, Jennifer Lopez as Tip’s mother, and Steve Martin as Captain Smek, the leader of the “Boov” alien race.
- A new photo of Rihanna on the set of her Vogue Brasil cover shoot came out today. Click here to check it out. Read more about it here.
After the MTV Movie Awards, Rihanna headed to Coachella Music Festival with Drake. She posed for photos with a couple fans and was seen hugging Drake after his performance. Cute!
RiRi keeps celebrating her best friend’s birthday in Los Angeles. On Friday (April 11), Rihanna and Melissa were joined by Drake and other friends at Giorgio Baldi Restaurant. Click here for photos. RiRi wrote:
Nobody in de world could mek me laugh di$ ra$$hole hard, Nobody cud talk a$ much cunt a$ you, Nobody cud keep my dirty lil $ecret$ like you, Nobody el$e cud embara$$ my $tyle….You literally make bitche$ wi$h they had an M.Forde by their side! I will never take for granted the day you packed your $hit and left BIM to come hold me down, cuz God know$ I would never be able to $urvive thi$ and remain my$elf through it all! You are literally the $trongest, $exie$t, most perverted, humble, kind, intelligent, $hady a$ PHUCK human being I know! My $i$tren!!! My hitta!!! I know I tell you thi$ all the time, but Money cud neva buy what you give me!! Our friend$hip will alway$ be family! Ya $weet a$ $ex!!! #MDollaz #April11 #HappyBirthday @mdollas11