Listen to Rihanna's brand new track now on Tidal >>
Watch the video here >>
Archives from category: "Latest News"
- Balmain creative director Olivier Rousteing told The Telegraph that Rihanna has the aura and charisma to rival some of the most legendary beauties in history, including Madonna – and Grace Kelly. He said:
“She has this aura, this charisma. It’s not only sexual. It’s something else. She is like a new Grace Kelly, or a Madonna…This woman of the world who represents a new world.”
- Fashion blog HausOfRihanna recently spoke to Rihanna’s stylist Mel Ottenberg about his work with Ri. Read the Q&A after the jump.
- Visit Billboard.com to read a review from last night’s DirecTV Pre-Super Bowl Concert, including its complete setlist.
- The Boov are coming for Earth on March 27! Get to know the alien race in this clip of Oh from DreamWorks Animation’s “Home”, starring Rihanna as Tip.
Via Billboard: No artist has ruled the radio this decade with such colorful tenacity as Rihanna this decade — from the electro-grind of “S&M” to the tortured pop-rap of “Love The Way You Lie” to the aching balladry of “Stay” to the muted R&B of “Take Care,” Rih has dazzled with every new hat tried on, while always retaining her singular appeal. Of course, “We Found Love” is the crown jewel (or yellow diamond) in that run of hits, a saccharine assault that turned the idea of finding love “in a hopeless place” into a rally cry, and translated the intensity of Calvin Harris’ electro-pop mania into a endlessly pleasurable release at the height of the EDM boom. “We Found Love” is not a song that relies too heavily on its vocal take, but it’s difficult imagining any artist striking the same balance of voice-cracking vulnerability and giddy joy that Rihanna mines on the track. She makes this look easy, and always has. Rihanna struck many poses during the past five years, but “We Found Love” was the one that made us gasp the loudest.
Rihanna celebrated New Year’s Eve in St. Barts at a party threw out by P.Diddy. Check out more pictures here.
We here at Rihanna Daily wish you lots of love, joy and peace on this special day. May your hearts be warmed by the sweet magic that Christmas always brings, and may all your dreams be fulfilled.
- Rihanna has shared two new pictures on her Instagram. One of them appear to be a professional photo shoot (or maybe a video shoot). The only description attached to this photo was a dot so it’s unsure when it was taken and if this is related to her new music. We hope so!
- Check our gallery for more high quality pictures from Rihanna’s secret, editorial video shoot that took place in Paris this Thursday.
- Couple of Rihanna songs just got a major discount on iTunes! Don’t wait and get them if you still didn’t! Check for discounts in your market.
– Take A Bow $0.69
– Birthday Cake $0.69
– Rude Boy $0.69
– We Found Love €0.69
– Where Have You Been €0.69
– Rated R $6.99
– Loud €6.99
Rihanna is sending out an “SOS” about HIV for her fans. The “Umbrella” singer has partnered with MAC Cosmetics in an awareness campaign that is designed to educate young people about the virus. As part of this campaign, Rihanna walked the red carpet at a recent Hollywood screening of It’s Not Over, a new documentary by Andrew Jenks about three young people living with HIV in different parts of the world, which is now streaming on Netflix.
The subjects are Paige, an American teenage girl born with the virus who raises awareness of HIV issues in schools throughout the country; Sarang, a gay playwright from India who is staging a production in support of same-sex marriage; and Lucky, an educator from South Africa who is trying to prevent other young people from making poor life decisions.
Standing alongside these extraordinary young people, Rihanna told us that it was the statistics about HIV infection that shocked her into getting involved: right now young people between the ages of 13 and 24 account for 26 percent of all new infections in the U.S., according to a 2010 CDC report.
“That’s younger than I am!” the 26-year-old singer exclaimed. “That’s how real that is. And people don’t know that, especially young people…and I think the only way to stop it is to have people know what’s going on.”
Rihanna celebrated her friend and tattoo artist Bang Bang birthday in New York City on Friday (November 28). Watch a video of her leaving the restaurant below and check here for photos.