Category Archives: Latest News
- “Stay” is already becoming a hit in the United Kingdom. The track has debuted at #6, becoming Rihanna’s 24th Top 10 hit in there. Congratulations, RiRi!
- Rihanna’s costumer designer Adam Selman has talked to Popdust Style about RiRi, click here to read the interview.
- Rihanna is MTV News “Rock Star of the year”, click here to read the article.
Billboard’s year-end list is out and as always Rihanna is featured, this time thanks to her 2011 album, “Talk That Talk”.
Billboard’s year-end charts are a cumulative measure of a single or album’s performance in the United States, based upon the Billboard magazine charts during any given chart year. Billboard’s “chart year” runs from the first week of December to the final week in November.
We’ve collected all of Rihanna’s main positions, check them out:
Hot 100 Artists
Hot 100 Songs
#8 We Found Love
#21 Where Have You Been
#79 Birthday Cake
#89 You Da One
Radio Songs Artists
+ Continue reading…
- Bruno Mars replaces Rihanna’s “Diamonds” after three weeks on top of the Billboard Hot 100, the track is No. 2 now. “Diamonds,” atop Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Digital Songs for a 10th week, leads Hot 100 Airplay for a second week and On-Demand Songs for a fifth frame. It rebounds 8-2 on Hot Digital Songs after leading the list the week of Dec. 1.
“, Rihanna logged a 47th cumulative week at No. 1, a sum compiled among 12 leading titles. Thus, another way to consider Rihanna’s Hot 100 success is that she spends almost four weeks on top once sending a single to No. 1.
- “Diamonds” is No. 1 in Germany for a 7th week, making it her most popular song there. Fun fact: “We Found Love” was Rihanna’s most successful song in the US, “Umbrella” in the UK, “Only Girl” in Australia, “Man Down” in France.
- Forbes debuted its list of top earning women in the music industry in 2012 today and Rihanna is at No. 3, making $53 million, behing Britney Spears and Taylor Swift.
“RiRi is a blessing in disguise,” said Future, who collaborated with the Barbados superstar on her new album Unapologetic
. “It just says a lot about her character. She takes risks and I love women that take risks because I feel like that’s the way to live. Do it your way.”
Rihanna and Mumford & Sons will headline next year’s T In The Park festival, it’s been announced. The 20th edition of the event will take place at Balado, Scotland over the weekend of the 12-14th July 2013.
Other artists on the line-up include The Script, Alt-J, Paloma Faith, Jake Bugg and Of Monsters and Men.
Festival Director Geoff Ellis said: “Seems like only yesterday that the first band took to the stage at Strathclyde Park for our inaugural T in the Park in 94, now here we are in 2012 announcing two of the of the world’s biggest and best acts to headline our 20th edition.
“We have always worked incredibly hard to bring our T in the Park fans the best line-up possible, and this year is no exception. We are unbelievably excited that Mumford & Sons and Rihanna will be taking to the Main Stage in Kinross as we are sure our audience will be.
+ Continue reading…
Rihanna took a group of 200 journalists with her on the promotional tour to mark the release of her seventh studio album, “Unapologetic”. In her only UK interview, she told Radio 1 Breakfast Show DJ Nick Grimshaw that it had been “fun but exhausting”.
“It was different having to do your job but also have 200 guests come along with you. They all want you to host a party every time you get on the plane after a show but you really only have that time to sleep until you get to the next country. Sometimes it was a two-hour ride to the next country and that was all the sleep you would get. I knew I had seven countries and seven shows and I had to save my voice. I didn’t go crazy. I didn’t party too hard. I did have fun though. I tried to get everybody involved but sometimes you just wish you could give more.”
Rihanna visited Mexico City, Toronto, Stockholm and Paris as well as Berlin on the 777 tour before finishing in New York. At her London gig, Rihanna was cheered on by more than 1,500 specially invited fans at the The Forum in Kentish Town. She admits she still gets nervous every time she performs.
“I always get nervous. [It's] any audience but the smaller the audience, the scarier. If you start thinking about all the people watching at home watching on TV, it’s overwhelming.”
- “Nude”, Rihanna’s 3rd fragrance, is available for purchase at Macy’s in the United States beginning this Friday, November 23rd. The fragrance will be available at additional retailers beginning February 2013.
- Do not forget to check Rihanna7.com for the 6th #R7 challenge!
- Rihanna’s stylist exclusively shares her 777 Tour onstage looks with Vogue.com.
- Picswitch allows fans to create cool “Unapologetic” album cover inspired profile images for your Twitter, Facebook etc. Click here to pick one!
- Rihanna’s SNL performance of “Stay” is now available on VEVO, watch it now! Download “Unapologetic” on iTunes here.
- Rihanna, who went into Sunday’s American Music Awards tied with Nicky Minaj with the most nominations – four each – emerged with a single award for Favourite Soul/R&B Album for “Talk That Talk”. Unfortunately, RiRi did not attend the awards show, she was performing in Berlin with her 777 Tour.
- Watch Access Hollywood talking to Rihanna about her 18 tattoos, fashion and this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
Rihanna is nominated for Favorite R&B Artist at the 2013 People’s Choice Awards against Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Bruno Mars and Usher. Make sure to click here and vote now!
The 39th annual People’s Choice Awards, hosted by The Big Bang Theory’s Kaley Cuoco, will broadcast live on CBS from the Nokia Theatre on January 9, 2013.
Rihanna has been confirmed to switch on the Christmas lights at the Westfield shopping centre in Stratford, London next Monday (19th November).
The shopping centre, located just outside the London 2012 Olympic Stadium, was opened at the end of 2011 with Justin Bieber turning on the lights for the first year. Westfield marketing manager, Myf Ryan said she was excited to be welcoming the Bajan star to the centre and is “proud” she’s agreed to perform an exclusive concert.
“Christmas is always such a special time of year for Westfield and we are so excited that Rihanna has chosen Westfield Stratford City to help celebrate the festivities,” she said. “Our shoppers love Rihanna and we are proud to be able to host this unique and exclusive concert for UK fans.”
The event will kick off at 5pm next Monday and coincides with the release of her new studio album ‘Unapologetic’ and the UK leg of her ’777′ world tour.
Join Rihanna in celebrating the release of her seventh studio album, Unapologetic, featuring “Diamonds”, on Tuesday, November 20 with a live Q&A in NYC. Album out tomorrow, Monday, Nov. 19 worldwide! Be one of the first 200 to buy
the CD tomorrow at Best Buy at participating stores in the NY and NJ area to gain access to the release event. The participating Best Buy stores in New York and New Jersey will open at 7 a.m. ET to sell Unapologetic with an exclusive pass to the event. Lines can begin forming at 6 a.m. Each of the stores will close after selling 200 CDs. Stores will re-open at their normal time. You can also watch Rihanna’s album release celebration on Livestream
Nude by Rihanna is sensual and provocative. It is an uninhibited scent that captures a stripped down essence. The fragrance allows her fans, to experience something very personal, a true embodiment of the singer. Nude by Rihanna joins Reb’l Fleur and Rebelle, two dark and rebellious scents created by Rihanna in years past, in her uninhibited fragrance lineup.
Nude by Rihanna will be available for purchase at Macy’s in the United States beginning November 23rd, 2012. The fragrance will be available at additional retailers beginning February 2013.