Archives from category: "Latest News"
FrenchNavy! Rihanna has some great news to announce for you on June 5th! And you can join her at Hard Rock Cafe in Paris on a special press conference! All you have to do is write in 140 characters why you want to attend it! Include your name and name of your friend who would join you and send it at RihannaAtHardRockCafeParis@gmail.com 24 hours before the event! Only winners will receive a reply!
If you won’t be there make sure to visit RihannaDaily for all the details!
The upcoming CFDA Fashion Awards just got even more star power. Us Weekly can exclusively announce that Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour and Oscar-winning actress Marion Cotillard will both present at the event.
Wintour, 64, has signed on to bestow the Icon award to Rihanna at the swanky affair, which is taking place on Monday, June 2, at New York City’s Alice Tully Hall in Lincoln Center.
“We are proud to present Rihanna with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her impact on the industry as fashion’s most exciting ambassador in recent memory,” CFDA CEO Steven Kolb said in a release. The “Pour It Up” singer, 26, is being recognized for her boundary-pushing style, as well as her philanthropic efforts with MAC cosmetics.
While RiRi keeps quiet in Los Angeles, check out some quick news:
- Via The New York Times: “When your star client is an internationally obsessed-over, unfailingly photographed clotheshorse, a peculiar problem presents itself. “It’s the end of May,” the stylist Mel Ottenberg said, ‘and we’ve already used up all of fall/winter. It’s over.’ For most women, the fall/winter collections, which won’t arrive in stores for several months, are something to look forward to. For Rihanna, the record-setting artist and current idol of fashion, they are old news.” Make sure to read the rest of this great article here or after the jump.
- Rihanna is nominated for Best International Act at the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards. Vote here.
- We have just one more day to vote for Rihanna’s ROGUE as celebrity fragrance of the year. Don’t waste time and vote here.
- Rihanna has been tweeting what appear to be new music lyrics! She’s been seen in recording studios since last year. Maybe it’s time for her 8th album to come out already! Share your thoughts here.
You’re just another brick and I’m a sledgehammer #barz / You gone make me a believer…even if that shit ain’t true #Barz / Politics is one bold move… Politics in lovin’ you #barz / Your silver tongue is full of lies, with tricks and thrills and Bambi eyes / And I hate that all I hate just don’t compare, because I love you #barz / Let me make it clear, ain’t no place better, than where we’re together…just me and my money #bars / You be the type that’ll wife her, I take her home and I don’t even like her / You be the type that’ll fall in love, I be the type that be giving a fuuuuuck / I’d rather beee, smoking weeeed, everytime ya kiiiiss me, dooooon’t say that you miiiiss me…
- Rihanna is also working on a concept album around the forthcoming 3D-movie titled “Home”. Emeli Sande recently revealed: “I’ve been writing for Rihanna’s new movie, which has been incredible.”
- Billboard and Twitter launched the Billboard Twitter Real-Time Charts. These new, interactive charts redefine how fans interact with, and influence, popular content by ranking the most popular songs being shared on Twitter in the U.S. Read more about it here.
- Rihanna is nominated for two awards in the Italian MTV Awards: Vogue Eyewear Best Look & Best Video. Vote here.
- In an interview with Style.com, Tom Ford spoke about his CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award, but also touched on the current state of fashion. The designer believes that the critic to consumer model is no longer relevant, and doesn’t serve to inform or alter the tastes of the masses. Instead, people care more about the social media co-signs of megastars like Rihanna. Rihanna agreed and tweeted “he gets it”. Ford explained:
Something new is happening that I’m just clueing into now—this probably won’t go down well—but customers don’t care any more about reviews or hard-copy publications. They care what picture Rihanna just Instagrammed while she’s naked in bed, what new shoes she has on, how she’s talking about them. That’s what they respond to.
Rihanna’s debut single “Pon De Replay” was released exactly 9 years ago, on May 24th, 2005!
“You know, ‘Pon de Replay’ — actually, when I first heard that song, I didn’t want to do it, because it was very sing-songy and very — whatever. Nursery-rhymish. But after I started recording it, I went along with it and started liking it. And people loved it! It’s just language that we speak in Barbados. It’s broken English. Pon is on, De means the, so it’s just basically telling the DJ to put my song on the replay.” — Rihanna
The song received positive reviews from music critics, who praised the song’s composition and its choice as Ri’s debut single. The song was a commercial success, peaking at number one in New Zealand and on the US Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs chart. It also reached number two on both the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and the UK Singles Chart, whilst achieving top five positions in eight other countries including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, and Switzerland. It was certified two times Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America denoting shipments of over 2,000,000 copies.
The broken smartphone Rihanna dropped while taking a selfie at a Clippers game — and which helped raise $116,500 for police groups — will be going on display at the Grammy Museum, it was announced today.
The high bidder for the phone in an eBay auction was disqualified, but an anonymous bidder matched the amount and agreed to lend the signed smartphone to the museum, according to Los Angeles Police Commission President Steve Soboroff, the owner of the phone.
Soboroff persuaded Rihanna to take a selfie with him as both wore LAPD bracelets at a Clippers game. Rihanna, however, dropped the phone after snapping the photo. She later autographed the cracked phone and pledged $25,000 to the Los Angeles Police Foundation.
Soboroff matched her donation then put the phone up for bid on eBay — with the bids topping out at $66,500.
Half of the money raised will go to the Los Angeles Police Foundation for LAPD Cadets and the rest to the Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation to support the families of fallen officers.
RiRi might not be back on Instagram yet, but that doesn’t mean we’ll no longer see her selfies. On Thursday (May 15), she rocked a pink wig and shared a few photos on Twitter. She wrote:
We raided Nicki’s wig closet for the summer! Bad gals just wanna have fun!
How do you like it?
- Rihanna accidentally dropped Los Angeles Police Commission President Steve Soboroff’s iPhone at an L.A. Clippers game, but the mistake turned lucky for the city’s Cadet Program and families of fallen officers. Read more about it here.
- Before the Mother’s Day brunch photos we posted yesterday, RiRi was also spotted by paparazzi at that same Malibu mansion. Check out photos here.
- Rihanna left New York City a week ago, but just now 247paps published videos of RiRi leaving the Met Gala and her after party. Watch below: