Archives from category: "Latest News"
Last week we’ve mentioned on Twitter that Rihanna had a busy day. She was shooting a new magazine cover! A photo behind the scenes has now surfaced! How do you like her look? Rihanna is rumored to appear on the July/August cover of the magazine so we’re going to see the final results pretty soon!
While we’re all impatiently waiting for some new Rihanna music, we’ve decided to put together a list of Rihanna’s greatest hits. We’ve chosen exactly 40 tracks which is exactly 2 hours and 35 minutes of 100% Rihanna’s best songs! And you can listen to it straight in your browser, your phone, computer… wherever you are! Make sure to FOLLOW our playlist because as soon as a new Rihanna HIT song will appear we will add it to the list! Note: Listening to the playlist requires owning a Spotify account however it does not require a premium account. You can use it for free as much as you want.
Post in comments what do you think about our song choice and order. Which song in your opinion should be removed and which one should be added instead?
- RiRi is spending a lot of time with her cousin’s baby, Majesty, in Los Angeles. Over the weekend she shared a few photos on Twitter with the cute baby! In case you missed them, they’re available after the jump.
- On Friday she went partying, click here to see a couple low quality fan photos. Make sure to follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to don’t miss any news or photos as well.
- Rihanna broke another YouTube record: her VEVO channel is the first to reach 14 million subscribers! Speaking of it, make sure to watch “Cheers (Drink To That)”, her next video to become VEVO Certified.
- Don’t forget to show your thanks to Hard Rock Cafe for supporting Rihanna’s Clara Lionel Foundation by buying a t-shirt she helped create.
FrenchNavy! Rihanna has some great news to announce for you on June 5th! And you can join her at Hard Rock Cafe in Paris on a special press conference! All you have to do is write in 140 characters why you want to attend it! Include your name and name of your friend who would join you and send it at RihannaAtHardRockCafeParis@gmail.com 24 hours before the event! Only winners will receive a reply!
If you won’t be there make sure to visit RihannaDaily for all the details!
The upcoming CFDA Fashion Awards just got even more star power. Us Weekly can exclusively announce that Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour and Oscar-winning actress Marion Cotillard will both present at the event.
Wintour, 64, has signed on to bestow the Icon award to Rihanna at the swanky affair, which is taking place on Monday, June 2, at New York City’s Alice Tully Hall in Lincoln Center.
“We are proud to present Rihanna with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her impact on the industry as fashion’s most exciting ambassador in recent memory,” CFDA CEO Steven Kolb said in a release. The “Pour It Up” singer, 26, is being recognized for her boundary-pushing style, as well as her philanthropic efforts with MAC cosmetics.
While RiRi keeps quiet in Los Angeles, check out some quick news:
- Via The New York Times: “When your star client is an internationally obsessed-over, unfailingly photographed clotheshorse, a peculiar problem presents itself. “It’s the end of May,” the stylist Mel Ottenberg said, ‘and we’ve already used up all of fall/winter. It’s over.’ For most women, the fall/winter collections, which won’t arrive in stores for several months, are something to look forward to. For Rihanna, the record-setting artist and current idol of fashion, they are old news.” Make sure to read the rest of this great article here or after the jump.
- Rihanna is nominated for Best International Act at the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards. Vote here.
- We have just one more day to vote for Rihanna’s ROGUE as celebrity fragrance of the year. Don’t waste time and vote here.
- Rihanna has been tweeting what appear to be new music lyrics! She’s been seen in recording studios since last year. Maybe it’s time for her 8th album to come out already! Share your thoughts here.
You’re just another brick and I’m a sledgehammer #barz / You gone make me a believer…even if that shit ain’t true #Barz / Politics is one bold move… Politics in lovin’ you #barz / Your silver tongue is full of lies, with tricks and thrills and Bambi eyes / And I hate that all I hate just don’t compare, because I love you #barz / Let me make it clear, ain’t no place better, than where we’re together…just me and my money #bars / You be the type that’ll wife her, I take her home and I don’t even like her / You be the type that’ll fall in love, I be the type that be giving a fuuuuuck / I’d rather beee, smoking weeeed, everytime ya kiiiiss me, dooooon’t say that you miiiiss me…
- Rihanna is also working on a concept album around the forthcoming 3D-movie titled “Home”. Emeli Sande recently revealed: “I’ve been writing for Rihanna’s new movie, which has been incredible.”
- Billboard and Twitter launched the Billboard Twitter Real-Time Charts. These new, interactive charts redefine how fans interact with, and influence, popular content by ranking the most popular songs being shared on Twitter in the U.S. Read more about it here.
- Rihanna is nominated for two awards in the Italian MTV Awards: Vogue Eyewear Best Look & Best Video. Vote here.
- In an interview with Style.com, Tom Ford spoke about his CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award, but also touched on the current state of fashion. The designer believes that the critic to consumer model is no longer relevant, and doesn’t serve to inform or alter the tastes of the masses. Instead, people care more about the social media co-signs of megastars like Rihanna. Rihanna agreed and tweeted “he gets it”. Ford explained:
Something new is happening that I’m just clueing into now—this probably won’t go down well—but customers don’t care any more about reviews or hard-copy publications. They care what picture Rihanna just Instagrammed while she’s naked in bed, what new shoes she has on, how she’s talking about them. That’s what they respond to.
Rihanna’s debut single “Pon De Replay” was released exactly 9 years ago, on May 24th, 2005!
“You know, ‘Pon de Replay’ — actually, when I first heard that song, I didn’t want to do it, because it was very sing-songy and very — whatever. Nursery-rhymish. But after I started recording it, I went along with it and started liking it. And people loved it! It’s just language that we speak in Barbados. It’s broken English. Pon is on, De means the, so it’s just basically telling the DJ to put my song on the replay.” — Rihanna
The song received positive reviews from music critics, who praised the song’s composition and its choice as Ri’s debut single. The song was a commercial success, peaking at number one in New Zealand and on the US Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs chart. It also reached number two on both the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and the UK Singles Chart, whilst achieving top five positions in eight other countries including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, and Switzerland. It was certified two times Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America denoting shipments of over 2,000,000 copies.