Listen to Rihanna's brand new track now on Tidal >>
Watch the video here >>
Archives from category: "Latest News"
- Two of Rihanna’s Instagram photos recently reached over 1 million likes — her most liked pictures ever! Make sure to follow @badgalriri and @rihannadaily (for even more news!) now.
- Ri’s creative director Ciarra Pardo helped her celebrate 10 years since getting signed to Def Jam Recordings! Ri wrote and shared a couple photos on Twitter:
“And @ciarrap helped me celebrate 10 years yesterday since getting signed!! God is powerful! #trailerparkAfterDark “
- Rihanna has raised over $50 million for the MAC AIDS Fund. Ri designed two lines of Viva Glam lipstick and lipglass for the cosmetics brand MAC, which was then sold to raise money to support those who suffer from the deadly disease. Announcing the news, the brand’s official Twitter account read:
”And…congrats to @rihanna on raising $50 mill+ for @MACAIDSFund during her 2014 #VIVAGLAM reign. Most ever in one year!”
- ILOVEMAKONNEN’s debut album might give us a collab with Rihanna. “I love Rihanna,” he said, adding that they hadn’t yet been in the studio together, but were laying the foundations for future work. “We’re just working on some ideas and stuff. But it’s gonna happen in due time.” Read more at MTV News.
- Boston Navy! This restaurant is hosting a Rihanna themed brunch this month. Read all details here.
- RIHminder: The Fendi bag Rihanna has helped design will be unveiled at a cocktail party at the new store this Friday, February 13, hosted by Karl Lagerfeld, Silvia Venturini Fendi and chairman and chief executive officer Pietro Beccari. Read more here.
- Rihanna’s i-D Magazine cover is on newsstands now in the United Kingdom (and worldwide on Feb. 9). You can see more photos from the magazine + the article here. Thanks, Tris!
- On Wednesday (February 4), Rihanna was seen at a restaurant and then heading to a recording studio in Los Angeles. Click here and here for photos. Earlier, her cousin shared a photo of Ri holding Majesty. Cute!
- Don’t forget today is Download Day! “FourFiveSeconds” is currently No. 1 on the worldwide iTunes charts for 11 days. Like facebook.com/rihannanavy for more details.
- Sam Smith recently told Rolling Stone magazine:
“I fucking love Rihanna. She came to my show in L.A. She speaks to me all the time. For someone that famous, she’s really real. Love her.”
It’s time we join our forces for another Download Day. This Thursday, February 5th, we’re supporting Rihanna’s brand new single: “FourFiveSeconds”. Here’s how you can help:
- Download “FourFiveSeconds” on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play;
- Gift your friends;
- Tell all of your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr etc. about the Download Day. Save and share the banner below;
- Watch the music video;
- RIHquest “FourFiveSeconds” on the radios.
If you do all of this over and over you sure will help Rihanna to get where she belongs — the top of the charts!
More info on Facebook.
That Rihanna reign just won’t let up.
Via i-D Magazine: As human beings on planet earth, we need music as much as it needs us. The sounds we sing along to, spin along to and sob along to are more than mere background buzz; music is a key emotional connector, a way to bookmark both the important and insignificant moments in our lives, a means of bonding with friends old and new. The music always sounds better with you!
From watching the legendary Barrington Levy perform in Barbados, to working out to Linkin Park, and how Rihanna wishes she’d written Michael Bolton’s “Said I Loved You But I Lied”…. read, watch and press play as Robyn Rihanna Fenty shares the key tracks in her life…
The first live show I went to was…
Barrington Levy in Barbados
More after the jump. Rihanna’s i-D Magazine cover out on UK newsstands Feb. 5 & worldwide Feb. 9! Shot by Paolo Roversi.
Rihanna and her friends were photographed at the DIRECTV Super Fan Tailgate in Glendale, Arizona, this Sunday (February 1). Pretty! Click here for photos.
- Balmain creative director Olivier Rousteing told The Telegraph that Rihanna has the aura and charisma to rival some of the most legendary beauties in history, including Madonna – and Grace Kelly. He said:
“She has this aura, this charisma. It’s not only sexual. It’s something else. She is like a new Grace Kelly, or a Madonna…This woman of the world who represents a new world.”
- Fashion blog HausOfRihanna recently spoke to Rihanna’s stylist Mel Ottenberg about his work with Ri. Read the Q&A after the jump.
- Visit Billboard.com to read a review from last night’s DirecTV Pre-Super Bowl Concert, including its complete setlist.
- The Boov are coming for Earth on March 27! Get to know the alien race in this clip of Oh from DreamWorks Animation’s “Home”, starring Rihanna as Tip.
Via Billboard: No artist has ruled the radio this decade with such colorful tenacity as Rihanna this decade — from the electro-grind of “S&M” to the tortured pop-rap of “Love The Way You Lie” to the aching balladry of “Stay” to the muted R&B of “Take Care,” Rih has dazzled with every new hat tried on, while always retaining her singular appeal. Of course, “We Found Love” is the crown jewel (or yellow diamond) in that run of hits, a saccharine assault that turned the idea of finding love “in a hopeless place” into a rally cry, and translated the intensity of Calvin Harris’ electro-pop mania into a endlessly pleasurable release at the height of the EDM boom. “We Found Love” is not a song that relies too heavily on its vocal take, but it’s difficult imagining any artist striking the same balance of voice-cracking vulnerability and giddy joy that Rihanna mines on the track. She makes this look easy, and always has. Rihanna struck many poses during the past five years, but “We Found Love” was the one that made us gasp the loudest.