Category Archives: Latest News
Although it’s not February 20th everywhere yet, we can already celebrate, Rihanna Navy!
Today is Rihanna’s special day! She is turning 25 years old this Wednesday, February 20th, 2013!
It marks another year, another day of supporting and loving Rihanna no matter what. If you are a real Rihanna Navy member, you know what we are talking about!
And if you are one of the hundreds of fans who joined our Birthday Project, make sure to visit happybdayrihanna.com and take a look at your photo. We love them! So many beautiful photos. We will definitely add some to our social networks.
Make sure to send RiRi lots of love on Twitter and Instagram – and don’t forget to use the hashtag #HappyBirthdayRihanna.
Happy Birthday, RiRi!!!! We love you! ♥
- RiRi is in Hawaii with her friends and that’s where she plans to celebrate her birthday. She shared a couple photos on Instagram today.
- A few celebrities have covered Rihanna’s songs recently. Watch Fast And Furitous star Vin Diesel singing “Stay“, Adam Lambert singing “Stay” in South Korea and British singer Jessie Ware singing “Diamonds“.
- Are you ready to start working on your Rihanna for River Island wishlist? Yep, we thought so. Here’s your guide to all the pieces you can get your hands on when the spring collection is released on March 5th plus a look at what’s to come for summer.
Also, Rihanna has talked to Grazia Daily about her collection, check it out:
On dressing for your mood:
“My style is definitely inspired by my mood so this collection will feature a range of different moods and attitudes because I’m assuming my fans will feel the same way.”
How would she describe her collection?
“The collection is casual, chic, flirty and for all body types. I wanted all girls to really want to wear this and be comfortable in it but still feel edgy. I wanted the character to come out in the clothes without trying too hard.”
Who is the Rihanna for River Island collection designed for?
“Everyone can wear this line. It’s not costume, it’s not too sexy. It’s very easy and laidback. I designed every piece in the collection so I could wear it and I think my fans trust my style so they’ll have fun with it.”
- Sunday night’s telecast of the 55th Annual Grammy Awards brought in big ratings—the second largest audience since 1993, in fact, with 28.4 million total viewers tuning in to music’s biggest night. Rihanna was the most talked about celebrity on Twitter, with more than 1.6 million tweets being sent mentioning her. Also, her “Stay” performance was the most commented on Twitter, with over 114,000 tweets per minute. Scroll down to check out our full coverage.
- Adam Lambert has covered Rihanna’s latest single “Stay”. Lambert posted a short clip of his rendition of the song on video-sharing site Keek. When asked on Twitter about the cover, he replied: “it was a preview! It was rehearsal. More to come!”
- Rihanna shines bright like a diamond on the latest cover of Rolling Stone, and in this Behind the Scenes video, the singer gives a glimpse into a day of her life as she shoots the issue’s cover at Milk Studios in Los Angeles.
Norway-based team Stargate — Tor Erik Hermansen and Mikkel Storleer Eriksen — have talked about Rihanna in a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter:
THR: You guys have blown up since then after working with Ne-Yo. You’ve worked with Rihanna, Beyonce and Katy Perry. What was the most memorable song you’ve worked on lately?
Hermansen: That’s impossible. That’s like rating your kids. They’re all different and we love them for different reasons. Of course, the first will always be special because that kind of mental block kind of came down when we wrote that first song. But we had moments when we basically changed our approach and tried something completely different. I could use a current example: when we wrote “Diamonds” with Benny Blanco and we collaborated with him for a couple of weeks trying to come up with material for Rihanna. And we were basically trying to come up with big records, and making big up-tempo pop records and then after a couple weeks of that, we just decided, “Today we’re not trying to make a big hit record. Today we are going to make something that we love and that’s a little bit darker, a little bit slower, and a little bit more emotional, and that’s when we made the track for “Diamonds.” A few days later Sia came in and wrote the lyrics. When we made that song we basically made it for ourselves. We didn’t try to make a hit. The song goes out, and it becomes huge, and that becomes rewarding in a sense that when we feel something, the public feels it as well, and it’s nice to be reminded of that.
THR: Absolutely. That song turned out to be huge. You have worked with Rihanna quite a bit. Can you tell me what it’s like working with her and what her process is?
Hermansen: I mean first of all, we’ve seen her grow up, which has been a fascinating experience. We’ve seen her go from this 17-year-old girl, just wide-eyed, to becoming a worldwide superstar and that is the main reward I would say, in addition to just doing decoration of the music. We’ve seen her grow up, and we’ve also seen her grow in her confidence. Basically, she has proven that her instincts are good over time and the level she’s on now … she’s really earned that. She’s earned the right to make her own decisions, and she’s proven to everyone around her that she knows what she’s talking about. She doesn’t necessarily know how to put it in words, so we don’t sit down at the beginning of the record and talk about it. And the few times we have done that, nothing has really come of that. She likes to see herself and react to it emotionally.
+ Continue reading…
- Rihanna has revealed a photo taken by photographer Terry Richardson that was not included in the latest Rolling Stone magazine issue, click here to see it. A couple days ago she also shared the two photos that fans will see when they buy the magazine, which is on stands since Thursday, January 31st. If you live outside the U.S. or is not able to buy the magazine, the full interview is still not available at RollingStone.com. Read quotes after the jump.
- Two new Diamonds World Tour dates have recently been announced: Manchester (July 16) and Istanbul (May 30). More to come!
- Rihanna’s “Pour It Up” is up to #46 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week, click here to buy it. “Stay”, the second worldwide single off “Unapologetic”, is on Top 10 on iTunes in a few countries — click here to buy it.
Follow @RihannaDaily on Twitter and Facebook for more news!
+ Continue reading…
- New Diamonds Tour dates in the United States have been added to Atlantic City, on April 26, and Newark, on April 28. Tickets go on sale very soon. More dates are expected to be announced soon as well. For all tour dates and to buy tickets, click here.
- Rihanna will be on a new magazine cover with photos taken by Terry Richardson soon. She shared two beautiful photos on Instagram yesterday, click here and here to see them.
- RiRi has recently revealed to fans on Instagram that she will release a male fragrance and a lipstick line later this year. Also, although a rep for Chris Brown told E! News that him and Rihanna are working on a new collaboration, she denied it.
- Click here to see a new photo from Rihanna’s Barbados campaign. More to come! RIHminder: Watch this video featuring Rihanna in Barbados and enter for your chance to win a Rihanna “Unapologetic” prize pack!
- You have just a couple more days to apply to Rihanna’s Styled To Rock, coming to the Style Network this year. Read more here.
SAVE THE DATE! Rihanna’s first range for River Island will go on sale on March 5th 2013. Be the first to find out more about it and sign up for their newsletter.
RIHANNA will unveil her River Island collection with a catwalk show during London Fashion Week. The invite-only event will be held on Saturday February 16.
“Launching at London Fashion Week is a dream come true for me,” said Rihanna. ” I have wanted to design my own collection for a long time and to present my collection for River Island alongside all of the other great design talent at LFW is a real privilege. I can’t wait to see the reaction from my fans and the fashion press!”
The much-anticipated collaboration of clothing and accessories will launch internationally in River Island stores and online and will be stocked at Opening Ceremony in the US and Japan.
“We are very excited to present our Rihanna for River Island collection at London Fashion Week,” said Ben Lewis, River Island’s chief executive. “This is the perfect platform to showcase Rihanna’s design talent and ambition.”
Rihanna has already showed us a little sneak peek from her collaboration with the british fashion line in the latest Complex magazine issue. Who else can’t wait to see more from it?
- Rihanna’s 7th album, “Unapologetic”, is going to reach 2 million copies sold worldwide very soon! Make sure to purchase it and gift your friends: iTunes, Amazon. Her former three-week Hot 100 No. 1 “Diamonds,” atop Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for a 14th week, rebounds 3-2 on the Hot 100. “Pour It Up” has debuted at #90 on the Hot 100 this week as well.
- Rorrey, Rihanna’s brother, shared a cute photo of him with RiRi when they were younger, click here to check it out. Make sure to follow him on Twitter for all the latest updates on his music career.
- Click here to watch a very well done “Talk That Talk” tribute video made by a fan. We love it!
- You can still apply to be a contestant on Rihanna’s Styled To Rock, coming to Style Network this year.
Support Rihanna: “Unapologetic” on iTunes; “Diamonds” on iTunes; “Diamonds” music video; Diamonds World Tour.
- RiRi shared the first photo of her upcoming Barbados campaign, click here to check it out. RIHminder: Watch this video featuring Rihanna in Barbados and enter for your chance to win a Rihanna “Unapologetic” prize pack!
- Rihanna’s “Diamonds” remains at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 for the third week. “Diamonds,” atop R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for a 12th week, dips 1-2 after three weeks atop Radio Songs. It holds at No. 2 on On-Demand Songs, which it led for five frames, and slips 4-5 on Digital Songs after ruling the ranking the week of Dec. 1.
- Rihanna scores her 20th top five hit in the United Kingdom, as “Stay” (feat. Mikky Ekko) climbs 6-4. Her 19th top five hit, “Diamonds”, remains in the Top 10 for the 12th week in a row, falling 7-10. Increasing its cumulative sales to 610,447, it becomes the eighth Rihanna single to go platinum.
- Rihanna’s “Diamonds” music video has recently reached 100 million views on YouTube, becoming her 10th Vevo Certified.
- “Diamonds” is a mega hit in Germany and Norway, where it’s No. 1 for 9 weeks! In South Africa, the track is No. 1 for 8 weeks.
- Click here to watch a video of RiRi and Chris Brown leaving the Staples Center a couple days ago.
Rihanna Navy, don’t forget!
- Rihanna’s Loud Tour Live At The O2 will be available in several countries this Tuesday, December 18th! If you live in the U.S., make sure to buy your copies here: DVD, Blu-Ray. Loud Tour Live At The O2 is a 90 minutes-plus chronicle of Rihanna’s sold-out show at the legendary London venue, the climactic final stop of her 2011 world tour. Featured are 21 performances including the #1 hits “We Found Love,” “Only Girl (In the World),” “S&M,” “What’s My Name,” “Rude Boy,” “Umbrella,” “Love the Way You Lie,” and many more. The production, costumes and stage design which Rihanna’s fans have come to expect, all come through in this larger-than-life video and audio experience. Also featured is never before released behind-the-scenes footage of life on the road with Rihanna during that summer and fall “LOUD Tour.” of 2011.
- Rihanna will perform “Diamonds” on the season finale of The Voice on Tuesday, December 18, at 8pm on NBC. Check our Twitter for live streams. And if you can’t watch it live, make sure to visit us later!