“My girl has nothing to do with what I do on the baseball field,” Kemp says. “If anything she helps. She makes me happy, and as stressed as I am coming home sometimes, it’s nice to have someone there who just wants to support you.”
Category Archives: Celebrity Quotes
Shontelle went out to support her home girl and SRP label mate Rihanna at her “Last Girl On Earth Tour” concert in Wantagh, on August 15. She shared some brief words with RihannaDaily on her experience:
“I was so happy & emotional watching LGOE. Rihanna’s come such a long way. I’m so proud. Love her! She killed it! And Scarlet Bieber FTW! Thanks for showing so much love to Rih. I think she has incredible fans! I love you all! <3″
- Rihanna is not going to perform on Good Morning America summer concert series. Rihanna’s performance was confirmed for August 20 a couple months ago, however, Melissa, Rihanna’s bff, told our friend Tamara that Rihanna is no longer performing.
- In a interview conducted during his mind-blowing Australian tour, Slash revealed that he’s got a soft spot for Rihanna. “One of my guilty pleasures is really attractive pop singer females that can sing. I real think that’s sort of a turn on. She’s [Rihanna] got a great voice,” Slash quipped. Despite only getting a day’s notice from Rihanna’s people, Slash delivered his trademark flair and power to give Rockstar 101 the guitar it needed. Slash said that he was largely happy with the sound, but “since it’s come out, the only thing is I put way more guitar solos on it than are actually on the track that they released, so that’s sort of a bummer.”
- Click here to watch a very nice fan video that shows Rihanna’s charts accomplishments from “Pon de Replay” to “Love The Way You Lie”.
- After last night’s concert in Wantagh, Rihanna posed for a picture with 2 fans:
Thanks Tamara, Giamma and Lu!
“So I went to Rihanna’s concert tonight and when I saw her do ‘I’m so hard, eh eh eh,’ I’m not gonna lie to ya’ll, I might have actually started crying,” Kanye West told the crowd at his secret NYC show after Rihanna’s concert. “Just to see my little sister on stage with her production, her outfit, her song and rocking Madison Square Garden at her own sold-out show . It was a very emotional moment for me and I’m just so proud of her.”
- Ke$ha may be 23, but she has a major to-do list. “Some of my favorite artists of all time are classic artists, and the list is long when it comes to dream duets. Anywhere from a Mick Jagger to a Prince to a David Bowie. But also I’d be as honored to share a song with Rihanna as I’m honored to share her stage during our concert tour. We were just hanging out. She’s so amazing, especially on stage. She’s such a genuine person.” Hmm, is Rihanna’s boyfriend Matt Kemp always around? “I haven’t seen him yet, but there’s so many people on our tour, there’s like hundreds of people. I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting him yet.”
- Rihanna brought her Last Girl on Earth Tour to Madison Square Garden on Thursday night (August 12), and that means opening act Ke$ha was feeling particularly nervous. Why? Well, it’s Madison Square Garden! “I’m actually a little petrified, to be honest. It’s a landmark in my career, and it’s just an epic venue. … I’m just really excited, and I’m gonna try to kill it!” she told MTV News. “It definitely means a lot for me to be playing there, especially with Rihanna, ’cause she’s so incredible. It makes me feel like I’m finally arriving here!” The girls kicked off the tour earlier this summer, and the “Tik Tok” singer said she and Rihanna have had some fun times on the road together. “It’s amazing! She’s just a badass. I saw her yesterday, and she spanked me — always keeping me on my toes. She’s the sickest.” With all that time together, have the girls discussed working together? “I would love to. I mean, it’s kind of been tossed around. There’s not really much time that we’ve spent writing and stuff on this tour, because it’s been so crazy, but it’s definitely an idea I’m not opposed to.” Ke$ha said she’s learning tons from Rihanna on tour. “I don’t know what she would be learning from me, aside from how to look like a maniac, but I definitely learned a lot from her. I’ve only been performing pop music for under a year, so I’m relatively new to the arena thing. It’s terrifying, so I really do, every night, watch her, and she’s so graceful and so sweet and so badass.” Her best advice? “She just always has such a good attitude. You just have to own it!”
Megan Fox is thisclose to being in the video for “Love the Way You Lie,” Eminem’s hit single with Rihanna. A Lost star has already been cast in the vid… Dominic Monaghan is set to appear. Plans call for some rather steamy sequences between D.M. and Fox. “It gets really intense,” a source says. The source also said Fox and Monaghan would shoot their scenes later this week in Los Angeles.
Source: E! Online
We can’t wait! Megan and Dominic are awesome!
According to the director, Rihanna and Eminem are shooting their scenes today. There are no news or pictures from the set yet.
In other news, a picture of RiRi in Devore, CA taken last week has been added to the gallery:
“We have slumber parties and pillow fights and we braid each other’s hair a lot,” Ke$ha laughed while telling MTV. “We talk about boys, naked. Touring with Rihanna is incredible, you should come see it. It’s really fun. I’ve been out with her for about two weeks now, and I just learn so much from her as a performer. She has one of the best voices of anyone I’ve ever seen live, and I kind of just take it as my opportunity to hype up thousands of people. It’s epic. She’s amazing live and her voice is just so good. I’m kind of just, like, her hype girl. I take the stage and hype it up for 40 minutes.”
Andy Samberg once again scored an Emmy nomination for one of his “Saturday Night Live” digital shorts with a pop star, and he told AccessHollywood.com that if Rihanna is free, he’d love to perform “Shy Ronnie” on TV’s big night.
“Oh my God, yeah! If they want us to,” Andy told Access at Lexus’ Darker Side of Green event in West Hollywood on Thursday. “I think getting her to do it will be harder.”
The skit, which netted Andy an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics, featured Rihanna singing to a classroom of kids alongside Andy, in a red wig, playing the part of “Shy Ronnie,” a bashful youngster who choked each time she tossed a verse over to him.
- Lil’ Kim released her own remix to Rihanna’s “Hard,” but reveals that another pairing could be in the works. “I’m a huge Rihanna fan, and she’s a friend of mine, so if I had to guess, I’m 90% sure that song is probably in the works,” she told Australian website Lifelounge. But Kim, who’s currently playing intimate shows in the U.S. and abroad, doesn’t want people to judge the song before it happens. “I look at it this way: if it happens, it happens. And it should be a surprise. It shouldn’t be something that people are anticipating, or have their own personal opinions on it before it even comes out. So I probably won’t ever mention that again.” Although she may have choice words for Diddy and Drake, it’s all love when it comes to RiRi. “I just love Rihanna, I think she’s great,” gushed Kim.
- Everyone is begging for a beat from Alex Da Kid these days. The British producer currently has two songs in the top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100—Eminem and Rihanna’s “Love the Way You Lie” and B.o.B and Hayley Williams’ “Airplanes.” Alex stopped by Rap-Up’s Pre-BET Awards Lounge last weekend to score some free gifts and chat about his latest projects including Rihanna. Click here to watch the video.