Archives from category: "Billboard Music Awards"
- Rihanna’s YouTube channel just reached 5 billion views! She’s the first person ever to reach this peak. Congrats, RiRi!
- Songwriter Sia, who wrote Rihanna’s “Diamonds”, was recently asked: “Have there been any songs you’ve given to other artists that you wish you recorded and released as your own?” She said: “There’s one that a I just gave to Rihanna. [Laughs] Like as soon as I played it for her manager, he flipped over it and [when] he left the house I felt sick. I was like, ‘F–k.’ It was going to be on my record, but he was over and I was playing him loads of jams. And I was like, ‘Maybe you’ll like this one…’ [Other than that] not really, I mean I did like ‘Perfume.’ I would have kept that for myself, but Britney [Spears] is a really sweet gal and I was happy to give it away.”
- Rumour has it that Rihanna will be in Paris next month to promote her latest fragrance, Rogue. Stay tuned for more details… Rogue is nominated for Favorite Celebrity Fragrance. Vote here.
- Rihanna is nominated for 5 Billboard Music Awards (Top female artist, Top R&B artist, Top rap song, Top touring artist, Top social artist), which will be broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas tonight on ABC from 8:00 PM–11:00 PM ET. UPDATE: Unfortunately, RiRi did not attend the show and did not win any awards. However, Rihanna said “You continue to break down barriers and inspire girls” in a video montage to Jennifer Lopez during the show.
Rihanna, who is a finalist in five categories this year, has been a finalist at the Billboard Music Awards 49 times! She’s nominated for:
- Top female artist
- Top R&B artist
- Top rap song (Eminem feat. Rihanna – “The Monster”)
- Top touring artist
- Top social artist
The awards will be broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, May 18, on ABC from 8:00 PM–11:00 PM ET.
Good luck, RiRi!