Listen to Rihanna's brand new track now on Tidal >>
Watch the video here >>
Via Metro: Rihanna is known for her cheeky Instagram snaps, and now, with the help of Metro International, she’s teasing her fans with the release of her eighth studio album.
While the exact drop date is RiRi’s own little secret, the singer has teamed with us for an exclusive global competition pegged to her much-anticipated upcoming record.
Together, we are offering you the chance to win a trip for two to see Rihanna live in concert in Philadelphia later this year with a slew of other goodies, like two nights in a hotel. You might say it has star quality written all over it.
All you have to do is let your creativity inspire you and design a mood board to show how you would put together Rihanna’s next music video, dress or movie. So, whatever kind of creative you are — whether it’s through pictures, art or words — bring together your most artistic images, sketches, cuttings and anything in between.
Remember, you don’t have to stick to just music: The superstar singer, as well as being a red carpet fashion staple, has collaborated with River Island, Armani and, most recently, Puma. And don’t forget, the Bajan-born musician has also graced Hollywood, lending her voice to the DreamWorks animated film “Home.”
Yes, Rihanna’s “American Oxygen” lyrics, “sweat for a nickel and a dime” only to “turn it into an empire,” ring true for the hitmaker’s career. Now it’s your turn to get “hustlin’” and enter this one-of-a-kind competition via the Metro US Facebook fan page. The winners will be revealed June 29.
What does the competition winner get?
The lucky winner, whose mood board wows Rihanna the most, will score the following grand prize:
• Two tickets to see Rihanna live in concert in Philadelphia later this year (date to be confirmed)
• Two nights in a hotel
• Transportation to and from the hotel
Here’s where you can enter:
Don’t live in our three cities? No problem. Enter here:
Metro US: http://bit.ly/BeLikeRihannaUS
Rihanna was seen arriving at London’s Heathrow Airport on Wednesday (May 27) morning, after enjoying a 24-hour trip in the British capital. What do you think she was up to? Click here for photos.
UK Navy, Rihanna is now in London! After being spotted at Heathrow Airport this morning, she paid a visit to Claridge’s for some afternoon tea on Tuesday (May 26). She was later seen at an office. Click here for photos.
Thanks, Rita Source!
Princess RiRi was photographed at New York City’s John F. Kennedy Airport earlier today (May 25). Click here for photos and check back later for more.
UPDATE: Rihanna is now in London.
Last week Dior brought you the brand new Secret Garden IV campaign, in which the singer Rihanna explores a Versailles cloaked in mystery. Follow here once more today through the secret world of the chateau and its gardens, in this full-length, extended version of the film directed by Steven Klein.
A presence looms in a nighttime Versailles. Captured by Steven Klein’s camera, Rihanna passes through the sumptuous salons and the Hall of Mirrors to the rhythm of the track “Only If For a Night”, produced by Midas, and which will be the opener to her upcoming album. Enigmatic and enchanting, the singer heads to the palace gardens, where their box hedges, clipped to spell the House’s emblematic initials, convey a fairytale air. As the only light, the glow of candles and moonbeams highlight the details of the Esprit Dior Tokyo collection: the metallic closure and cannage of the Diorama bag, the silvered spangles of a dress, the finely-crafted metal of the Tribale earrings, the sequins sprinkling a nose veil.
On Sunday (May 24), Rihanna was photographed at her favorite New York City restaurant, Da Silvano, and then heading to an art gallery. Later, she went partying with her friend Leandra. Click here for photos. Leandra updated Ri’s Snapchat (follow “Rihanna”) with great videos and photos, make sure to check them out. Ri also posed for a photo with photographer Diggzy. Click here to watch a video of Rihanna arriving at a recording studio the previous night.
- Receive a 30% discount on the Rihanna V95 Deluxe Edition Box Set on vmagazineshop.com. All you need to do is enter the following promotion code when you check-out: RIHANNADAILY2015.
- Thanks to “FourFiveSeconds”, Rihanna is nominated for Best International Artist at this year’s MuchMusic Video Awards., which will be held in Canada on June 21. Good luck, Ri!
- Paul McCartney recently talked about his collab with RiRi and Kanye: “Kanye West he sent me FourFiveSeconds with Rihanna’s vocals. I didn’t know what it was but my daughter said ‘there, that’s your guitar part’. and it was, played at a different speed. So basically I gave him a ball park and then he went off and worked his magic. Before I knew it we were playing at the Grammy’s with him and Rihanna and I was nervous as hell.”
- Accomplished actress, model, and girl gang member Cara Delevingne may have a seemingly endless stream of gigs, but even she gets rejected sometimes. So when it happened and it hurt—she lost a role in a scrapped Beach Boys film—Cara did what any defeated job hunter would do: She gave her career counselor, eight-time Grammy-winning singer Rihanna, a call. “I was heartbroken,” she told WSJ Magazine. “With modeling, if someone else gets a job, I’m like, Yeah, of course, there are so many better models. But with acting, you grow such an attachment to each role.” RiRi had some sage advice for her friend: “[She told me] everything happens for a reason. You are going to call me back in a week or two and say, ‘You are right.'”
Exactly 10 years ago, on May 24, 2005, Rihanna released her very first song: “Pon De Replay”. And what a journey it has been! We couldn’t be more proud of our girl. Make sure to leave her special messages on Twitter & Instagram and stay tuned for a special page we’re creating for this milestone.