The wait is ova! R8 is here and it’s titled ANTI.
In a recent exhibition at the MAMA Gallery in Los Angeles, Rihanna and contemporary artist Roy Nachum have unveiled seven original oil paintings that will be used as the official artwork for her forthcoming eighth studio album titled ANTI.
“A person opposed to a particular policy, activity or idea.
In her collaboration with Roy Nachum, Rihanna has changed the history of album art. By continuing to follow her instincts, her work strives to make an impact by doing the very antithesis of what the public expects.”
Included in these seven paintings is the album cover, which depicts a young girl with a gold crown covering her eyes, and a black balloon strung tightly to her wrist, painted in multiple, intersecting views.
The back cover features an oil painting of the same young girl seen from behind. Both paintings are cleverly inscribed with sculpted Braille poetry by Chloe Mitchel that spreads between the front and the back cover of the album.
Additional paintings featured as inside album artwork include poetry sculpted in Braille by Roy Nachum. This is the first time an album has ever incorporated physical Braille. The Braille inscription will also allow people who are blind to experience an entire album by touch.
Full descriptions for paintings are listed below. More details and photos coming soon…
Your Number 1 Rihanna source for the past decade is back!
After a short break from our previous temporary version, we now have a brand new Rihanna Daily for you. A new Rihanna era is starting, so why not a new RD, right?! This time we decided to hear from you: your favorite news style, colours, shapes etc. to build the new page.
Here are some cool new features:
- Our previous Rihanna section, now called Discover, is revamped. Check it out! Same for Music. As you know, there’s a lot of RiRi info out there, so we’re still trying to add everything to those pages. If there’s any mistake or any important missing info we should know, make sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter.
- Now when you click Lifestyle in our main menu, you’ll see only news related to Rihanna’s style and fashion. And are you looking for Lyrics or our favorite Rihanna performances or Videos? You’ll be able to browse through them easily as well!
- Our sidebar, as always, has some important info you should always be checking. Here’s a simple tip you can find there that everybody should have thought of before… why not getting our notifications right on your phone?! Follow the simple steps in Mobile.
- In our footer you’ll find What’s Hot Now — you just can’t miss Ri’s and RD’s projects.
Stay tuned. Much more to come!
We truly would like to thank our visitors for constantly visiting Rihanna Daily and supporting RiRi through all this years. Your support is AMAZING! THANK YOU!
Natalie & Rodrigo
Vanity Fair fashion and style director Jessica Diehl has dressed many of the biggest stars in the world, playing a critical role in creating some of the most famous images of Caitlyn Jenner, Jennifer Lawrence (and a very-well-behaved snake), Taylor Swift, and others. The secret to her success is that she knows how to dress women in the particular breed of glamour that makes them feel most like themselves.
Still, styling a woman who is as esteemed as Rihanna for her fashion prowess—and in Cuba, mere weeks after the U.S. lifted travel restrictions to the island, no less—is no small task. Diehl spoke to VF.com about how she made Rihanna “Rihanna” for her first Vanity Fair cover shoot, plus tells us the secret to styling a nude.
VF.com: What was the process for pulling together the cover spread? Did you decide to shoot Rihanna, then decide on Cuba?
Jessica Diehl: It all sort of happened at the same time. . . . The minute it was decided that Rihanna would be on our cover, travel restrictions were lifted, so we went straight away. It was sort of a no-brainer.
Princess RiRi is the cover girl of the November issue of Vanity Fair Magazine. The beautiful photos were taken in Cuba earlier this year by Annie Leibovitz.
Read the great cover story below and click here for photos.
The magazine will be available on October 8 in the digital editions and on October 13 on U.S. newsstands.
Rihanna is firmly in control of her life and career—but not of her image, which has veered between club-hopping temptress and poster child for victims of domestic abuse. As the 27-year-old readies her long-awaited new album, she talks candidly about the chasm between her reality and her reputation.
Our website is back! And while we were offline, RiRi kept French photographers busy running after her. In case you are not following us (shame on you!) on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to check what she’s up to, these were her latest appearances:
- Rihanna heading to a restaurant in Paris, and later visits Dior store – October 3, 2015
- Rihanna is seen going to a bar with friends before setting off for the Arc nightclub – October 3, 2015
- Rihanna arriving at de Arc in Paris – Octover 3, 2015
- Rihanna Visits The Eiffel Tower with her family – October 04, 2015
- Rihanna Watches Soccer Match PSG vs Marseille at the Parc des Princes – October 04, 2015
- Having dinner in Paris – October 5, 2015
- Out and about in Paris – October 5, 2015
- Heading to the airport in Paris – October 5, 2015
This Tuesday (September 29), Rihanna performed for the very first time in Santiago, Chile, in front of 55,ooo people.
I got the chance to be at the concert as well and it was incredible! Before the show, I was right next to her bffs Melissa, Leandra and Sonita (as you can see here) watching opening act Big Sean. Ri performed the same songs from Rock in Rio (watch again) and you can watch short videos from the whole concert on Snapchat: RihannaDaily
- Intro/A Night
- Rockstar 101
- Only Girl (In The World)
- Phresh Out The Runway
- Birthday Cake
- Rude Boy
- What’s My Name
- Talk That Talk
- Live Your Life
- Run This Town
- All Of The Lights
- Man Down
- Love The Way You Lie Part II
- Take A Bow
- Cold Case Love
- Take Care
- Where Have You Been
- We Found Love
- Pour It Up
- Bitch Better Have My Money
Missed Rihanna’s iconic performance in front of 85 thousand people in Brazil on Saturday (September 26)? TIDAL.com has her entire set now for all fans on their website. Don’t miss it! Photos from her performance are now available here.
We were at the show and we can easily say it was one of the best in Rihanna’s career. The energy she put on stage was unbelievable. And we could clearly see how excited she was to perform in front of so many fans who joined her while singing every single song. As we always say… whenever you have a chance to see Rihanna live, DO IT! She’s one of the best performers in the world. And by watching the full concert you can clearly agree with us.
And we’re now on our way to Santiago, Chile, to watch Rihanna perform her second and last show in South America. Unlike Rock in Rio, this is not a festival and she will be the only one on stage to perform in a stadium for 55 thousand people.
In case TIDAL isn’t available in your country yet, you can try watching the show here.