Quick News: Billboard, PUMA, Chile, CLF
- As celebrated on Billboard.com, the first decade of Rihanna on the charts has wrapped, capping an astonishingly successful start to her career. To Rih-iterate, Rihanna, 17 years old at the time of her chart arrival, has tallied 13 Billboard Hot 100 toppers, tying Michael Jackson for the third-most most Hot 100 No. 1s all-time. They trail only The Beatles, with 20, and Mariah Carey (18). How has Rihanna’s music sold? Find after the jump a look at her best-selling songs and albums over her first decade of dominance, according to Nielsen Music.
- “FourFiveSeconds” by Rihanna and Kanye West and Paul McCartney is one of the 10 best songs of 2015 so far according to Billboard. Here’s what they have to say about it:
It’s the end of June, and we’re still waiting for the new Rihanna and Kanye West albums… as well as some indication that either will be coming soon. To tide us over, however, the pair of music superstars linked up with a legend and recorded a durable, folked-up soul sing-along. Ye and Rih always zag when we expect them to zig, and we’re forever grateful for it.
- PUMA revealed their first Rihanna ad in May — you can see it again and read more about their collab here. And now a few new ads surfaced online and we can’t wait to see them in high quality! Follow us on Twitter to take a look at them. Rumour has it that Ri shot a new PUMA ad this week in LA. Stay tuned…
- Rihanna’s show in Santiago, Chile, went on sale on Monday and over 30.000 tickets were sold in less than 5 hours. Impressive! You still have a chance to get tickets here. See you in September, Navy! Don’t forget to let us know if you’ll be there on Twitter so we can meet. :)
- Donate to Rihanna’s Clara Lionel Foundation, your dollars will benefit health care in Barbados and address the needs of communities globally in the areas of health, education, arts and culture.
6.4 million, “Love the Way You Lie” (Eminem feat. Rihanna) / 5.4 million, “We Found Love” (feat. Calvin Harris) / 4.8 million, “Disturbia” / 4.7 million, “Live Your Life” (T.I. feat. Rihanna) / 4.48 million, “Stay” (feat. Mikky Ekko)
4.47 million, “Umbrella” (feat. Jay Z) / 3.844 million, “The Monster” (Eminem feat. Rihanna) / 3.837 million, “S&M” / 3.7 million, “Don’t Stop the Music” / 3.6 million, “Only Girl (In the World)”
3.52 million, “Diamonds” / 3.49 million, “Run This Town” (Jay Z, Rihanna & Kanye West) / 3.05 million, “What’s My Name?” (feat. Drake) / 3.04 million, “Rude Boy” / 3 million, “Take a Bow”
Studio Albums in the U.S.
2.8 million, Good Girl Gone Bad / 1.8 million, Loud / 1.4 million, A Girl Like Me / 1.2 million, Unapologetic / 1.15 million, Talk That Talk / 1.13 million, Rated R / 623,000, Music of the Sun