Rihanna to Present Tom Ford With amfAR Award

It’s going to be another star-studded evening when amfAR throws its annual Los Angeles Inspiration Gala later this month.

And E! is happy to exclusively reveal that Rihanna will present Tom Ford with the AIDS group’s Award of Inspiration in recognition of his support in helping battle the decades long AIDS crisis.

“Tom has inspired so many aspects of my art over the years, not to mention his clothes give me a real bad attitude,” the singer exclusively tells E!. “His commitment to the cause and commitment to amfAR is truly admirable.”

Gwyneth Paltrow will host the black-tie fundraiser, which takes place Oct. 29 at Milk Studios. Sharon Stone will also be at the gala and will likely take a leading role in the night’s live auction. (We’ve seen Ms. Stone in action—she has an awe-inspiring skill in getting people to give, give and give.)

Previous Inspiration honorees include Goldie Hawn, Jennifer Lopez, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Ricky Martin, James Franco, Calvin Klein designer Francisco Costa and Fergie. Produced by Josh Wood Productions, Inspiration galas have also taken place in Paris, New York, Miami, Toronto, Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.

The events have raised more than $15 million.

In April, Ford announced he and his partner of 25 years Richard Buckley secretly got married.

“I lost so many friends in college–I would say more than half of my closest friends. Richard, my partner of 27 years, had also gone through something also quite tough in his life. We are now married, which is nice,” the designer reportedly said at the opening of the Regent Street Apple store in London. “I know that was just made legal in the UK which is great; we were married in the States.”

The two, who are parents to son Alexander John Buckley Ford, first met at a fashion show in the ’80s.

“I went to a fashion show and this silver-haired guy was staring at me with these piercing water-blue eyes,” Ford told WWD in a past interview. “It scared me because I absolutely saw and knew my entire future.”

\(O) // I LOVE YOU ROBYN <3 <3 <3

Hey hey . Lool at the news . Cancer and aids are fore front . Rihanna is healthy . Like the sexy . I’m healthy also . India taking chemeo . Cancer gone for a while . Bajan paper has church mad about color . Rihanna and I busy with you know stuff. If i park the orange mustang we about to race for getting people to not be racist . After having a comment battle on fb that woulf close most titty bars . Rihanna will be mad . Who at . Not me . Careful L)(V

@SO SANDOWN, you got to tell us about the epic meet, please! What did you say to Rihanna and what she said to you, I’m besides myself!

Congrats to @sosmandown for finally getting your Riri pic. Like I said on twitter i’m really happy for you. You need to make that pic your new avatar on twitter. Luck was with you that day. Congrats boo.

• Jayne says:

I already told him that as well, replace Monica’s pic with this new one since he waited and waited so long to see and talk to her. I know I would, since she is the pop star and entertainer not her mom, but to each his own I guess.

I was wondering if it was ever going to happen for him then bang he got that Riri pic. Good for him. He is a long time supporter of hers. I agree he should use his Riri pic and post it as his header too plus avatar.

I hope with Riri’s presence at the Amfar event it will raise even more funds for the cause. I am sure Tom Ford is stoked to be getting the award from Riri, I love Tom Ford’s clothes the man is a genius. Riri you have a big heart and you never forget to give back to help others in need. #Amfar

Cosign !!

You are always got Riri’s back and you give her props always plus defend her against the trolls keep doing your thing.

Thanks I love Rihanna hard work ethics, and her starting from the bottom, to becoming one of the biggest Entertainers of her generation ♡.♡

You are welcome. Yes, Riri has come along ways that’s for sure

Indeed, and she’s a strong young Woman, and is more then willing to burn the midnight oil to get the job done. She’s one in a Million ♡.♡

Rih being there will help build the excitement for the
    occasion, as well.

She have such a giving and humble heart, She have proven over and over again, that shes all for Giving back, and helping the cause whenever she can.

Tom Ford them are giving back in such a great way!!!!

Navy People like you and I, and Rihanna excel and learn, not because they are told to, but because they want to. When Rih can join in in doing things like this, its always a great cause.

Rihanna has to stay out ta party . What is more sexy. WP and the Daily that gets eyes from the world . Or people that need help !!