Rihanna nominated for the 2014 Grammy Awards

The 2014 Grammy Awards nominees have just been announced and Rihanna is nominated for:

• Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
    “Get Lucky” – Daft Punk ft. Pharrell
    “Just Give Me A Reason” – P!nk ft. Nate Ruess
    “Stay” – Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko
    “Blurred Lines” – Robin Thicke ft. T.I. and Pharrell
    “Suit & Tie” – Justin Timberlake ft. Jay Z
  • Best Urban Contemporary Album
    “Love and War” – Tamar Braxton
    “Side Effects of You” – Fantasia
    “One: In The Chamber” – Salaam Remi
    “Unapologetic” – Rihanna
    “New York: A Love Story” – Mack Wilds

The 56th Grammy Awards will air live from Los Angeles on CBS on January 26, 2014, at 8 p.m. ET.

Congratulations, RiRi!

RiRi already has 7 Grammys:

• 2008
    Best Rap/Sung Collaboration (Umbrella)
  • 2010
    Best Rap/Sung Collaboration (Run This Town)
    Best Rap Song (Run This Town)
  • 2011
    Best Dance Recording (Only Girl)
  • 2012
    Best Rap/Sung Collaboration (All Of The Lights)
    Best Rap Song (All Of The Lights)
  • 2013
    Best Short Form Music Video (We Found Love)

\(O) // I love you Robyn <3

Congrats Rih on your 2 noms. However, i thought you deserved more noms.

3. Gossip Boy says:

So proud of my princess, although I think Unapologetic should also be nominated for Album of the Year & Stay for Record or Song of the year, but I wonder why Diamonds got no nominess

• MILDRED PIERCE says:

Personally I think Diamonds should have been nominated for Song of the year. I have no idea why it was never nominated for anything.

• Gossip Boy says:

So true, but roar is nominated for song of the year that makes no sense to me & nobody can tell that Roar is better than Diamonds…
        The Grammys are getting worse & worse, sadly

• MILDRED PIERCE says:

Damn I didn’t know that. I couldn’t read the full list of nominations once I found out Queen Riri wasn’t getting any of the big nominations :( Terrible state of affairs tbh.

I agree Riri”s song was way better then Katy’s Roar. Diamonds should of gotten song and record noms. But hopefully Say will win.

4. MILDRED PIERCE says:

Just two nominations?? Seriously?? She has been overlooked yet again because she should have won big for We Found Love – Record of the year/Best Pop record/Best Female should have been all hers last year. Now Unapologetic era is going out with a whimper. I don’t blame Grammy’s for all this, the fault is that of Rih’s team. She has barely promoted the album and singles past Stay -Feb 2013. I know there are various industry politics in place, and I am not super versed in the ins and outs but I believe certain records have to be released by a certain time and submitted to the Grammy Committee by a certain time also. Are we sure she and her team did ALL they could to make sure she was considered properly?? I mean she is a top tier artist but it seems her management use bootleg tactics in their dealings with her. You need to look at how Pour it Up and What Now have underperformed because of poor promotion.
    Look at her peers Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake, I believe they got about 7 nominations each. Know why? Not because of their quality of their music being better but their teams are RELENTLESS that the artists must be, not just bigger sellers, with a big audience but critically acclaimed. Therefore whatever manoeuvre they need to do to push their artsist to make those big awards lists, then that’s what they will do. In fact I think Timberlake’s two albums this year and Taylor’s output are quite lacklustre but that sure as heck won’t stop their teams going HARD, to make sure they are at the top of the pile.