Eminem shares why he and Rihanna are perfect together

Eminem and Rihanna have some “crazy” collaboration. For Em, linking up with RiRi on “The Marshall Mathers LP 2” was a no brainer, but it was more than just the pop star’s powering vocals on “The Monster” that won over the Rap God.

“The perception of the record, what it’s saying, I thought it would be a good idea to have her on it because I think people look at us like we’re both a little nuts,” Eminem said to MTV News’ Sway on Monday after he taped a town hall-style interview at his Shade 45 SiriusXM radio station. The interview will air on Tuesday (November 5) at 12 p.m. ET on Shade. “That’s one of the things that I was telling her in making the record: I think that people look at us a little crazy,” he continued.

On the track, Rihanna uses the hook to come to grips with her inner demons, while Em ponders the negative effects of his fame. “I’m friends with the monster that’s under my bed/ Get along with the voices inside of my head/ You trying to save me, stop holding your breath,” Rih sings to set-up Marshall’s crazy rhymes.

“As soon as I got the beat I just heard her on it,” Em said. “I wanted to make sure that I had it finished first to be able to present to her, but once I had the rhymes done, I sent it to her.”

Unfortunately, the duo, who first collaborated on “Love the Way You Lie” in 2010, didn’t get to log in a recording session together, but Em’s manager and Shady Records head Paul Rosenberg confirmed to MTV News that a video is forthcoming.

“I had to send it to her because schedules were conflicting and sh– like that. Plus, the record it was kinda pulled together at the last minute,” Em admitted. “I sent it to her, she laid the hook, sent it back. She smashed it like she does always. It’s pretty incredible.”

1. Issam Fenty says:

KING & QUEEN <3 <3 CAN'T WAIT TILL IT BECOMES RIHANNA'S 13TH NO1!!

\(O) // <3 I love you Robyn <3

Yes they have made beautiful music together and it’s refreshhing to see that their
    Youtube/Vevo Views are so high, and the sales are great. This is a winning team,for sure.

I feel a number one on the way,navy
    let us do some requesting.

So happy that Eminem picked Her to work with him on their first
    Collab, and again this time.
    Rihanna is always ready for a Challenge.

Rihanna every move is captured on ever media outlet in the world, and she does
    a great job of still just taking it, one day at a time. Her love for her family,friends ,
    and fans are just so wonderful. People can relate to her and there is nothing more
    real about a entertainer then when you see , that they are Relatable like she is.

Redefining Music as she travel along and shes
    not afraid to tap into new and different territories with her
    Artistry,and that is another plus she has to me.

As we journey along in this world we will soon learn that,
    We all have stress and we all need someone in our lives that we can lean on. Never think that you cannot talk to someone because they have problems to , or that your friend or loved one would be better off without you or your problems. You’ll soon find out that they need you just as much as you need them.

Navy we lean on each other, and we are a team.

9. damien godkin says:

Love the words behind the music…I hear my the truth in all the lies..I always loved your work always